PDA

View Full Version : New experience.

Lynqld
10-02-2013, 10:00am
Hi! :gday:

My name is Lyn and I recently discovered the joys of photography and being able to capture life's images. Such fun! :flowersnap:

My adventures began with mobile photography with my phone and ipad.

I am now embarking on the daunting task of learning how to use my new camera (Olympus Epl5 with twin lens kit - hoping to add a macro lens as well.) with all the associated bells and whistles.:eek: Heaps of shots with many "duds" as I experiment and find what works and what does not. But oh the delight when I achieve something half reasonable! :D

Still rather eclectic in style as I explore genres - but I particularly enjoy macro and sunrise/ sunsets. Very keen to try long exposure.

Really looking forward to being inspired by your images and learning from the more experienced as I continue on my baby steps journey. :)

Cheers Lyn

Bevlea
10-02-2013, 10:19am
welcome Lyn.. looking forward to seeing your pics

Bear Dale
10-02-2013, 10:32am
Welcome Lyn to the forum :)

ricktas
10-02-2013, 10:54am
Welcome to AP Lyn, See you on the forums

Mary Anne
10-02-2013, 12:08pm
Hi there Lyn and Welcome to AP.. Good to read you enjoy Macro.. If you are up high in your area you wont have any problems with Sunrises.
I live over the other side of the MI we are down low across from the Logan River though do see the colour through the trees..

Congo
10-02-2013, 12:14pm
Hi Lyn welcome to AP

Lynqld
10-02-2013, 1:10pm
Thanks for the warm welcome all! :banana:

Mary Anne, I live near a small lake so I see some wonderful sunrises and reflections if I am up early enough. Is macro an interest of yours as well?

GerriJ
10-02-2013, 1:28pm
Hi Lyn and welcome. You have come to the right place for learning. Look forward to seeing your work. :)

Mary Anne
10-02-2013, 3:17pm
Mary Anne, I live near a small lake so I see some wonderful sunrises and reflections if I am up early enough. Is macro an interest of yours as well?

I live near a lagoon.. Macro is a big interest of mine Lyn

Wayne63
10-02-2013, 4:46pm
Welcome to AP Lyn, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums check out the library section http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php for a lot of good info

Kym
10-02-2013, 6:27pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!