PDA

View Full Version : Hello from glorious Arnhem Land in the Northern Territory

Balanda
31-01-2013, 12:03am
Hello there

I'm Balanda from Arnhem Land in the Northern Territory. Been living in this part of the world for the last 3 years been in the Territory for 5 years. My partner and I work in an Aboriginal Community here (Balanda is actually the local aboriginal word for white fellar) which is challenging but enjoyable, the country side is rather picturesque which makes for some awesome photo opportunities. I work in admin for the community development employment program and my partner runs the communities essential services (power, water and sewerage).

Recently bought my first SLR (Canon 1100D) and I've had a bit of a play with it but am certainly a newbie to the SLR hence why I've joined this forum so I might be able to pick up some tips and tricks on improving my photos. Only got a 18 -55mm lens with it so went out and bought a Sigma 18 -200mm something or other just so I could have that bit extra zoom.

Outside of the photography my interests are horse riding and training (grew up on the back of a horse pretty much) travelling and enjoy taking my Prado off road and getting it covered from bumper to bumper in mud :D

ricktas
31-01-2013, 6:03am
Welcome to AP, See you on the forums

Wayne63
31-01-2013, 8:17am
Welcome to AP Balanda, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Kym
31-01-2013, 9:01am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Splashon
01-02-2013, 7:59am
Welcome Balanda
Would love to see some pictures of Arnhem Land

Balanda
02-02-2013, 12:03am
I've got a few, not sure that they're any good but they show Arnhem Land.

Fancy a youtube video? This is what I used to get up to for work some days. I've since changed jobs and thus don't get to fly out to outstations any more :( All pics and video in this clip were taken with an iPhone.

http://youtu.be/dn59U5PlTeY

Bear Dale
02-02-2013, 2:19pm
The vid was cool, looking foward to seeing lots of your posts from the top end!