PDA

View Full Version : Raining

pagani
28-01-2013, 8:56am
:confused013Has anyone got any ideas of photography when it's raining outside in Sydney, not sure if I want to get my cam wet.....

Are there any cool dry places to shoot?

ricktas
28-01-2013, 9:02am
go and try some street photography. Photograph the people with umbrellas, getting wet etc. It can be fun and challenging and you can stand in doorways of closed businesses to keep yourself out of the rain.

Wayne
28-01-2013, 9:49am
I was going to go to the airport, but alas the rain, so decided to come to the studio instead.

AVALANCHE
28-01-2013, 3:52pm
Don't let the rain stop you! :) I just bought a shower cap from Coles to put over my camera, then I'll be good to go after work!

Willow5075
28-01-2013, 4:22pm
Or a plastic freezer bag with a hole poked in for the lens works pretty well too!

Ionica
28-01-2013, 4:23pm
Photography in the rain can give some excellent results, and their are many ways to keep your camera/lens dry if you are concerned; a simple plastic bag with a hole cut for the lens, and an elastic band to hold it on, will help. Colours/reflections of colours ( lights etc. ) on wet pavement or roads can make good subjects. Have fun.:)

ameerat42
28-01-2013, 8:40pm
:confused013Has anyone got any ideas of photography when it's raining outside in Sydney, not sure if I want to get my cam wet.....

Are there any cool dry places to shoot?

Basically, point your camera out into the weather (from a dry place) and shoot something you consider interesting.

fillum
28-01-2013, 10:26pm
Are there any cool dry places to shoot?...inside? :)

still life - fruit, vegies, flowers, kitchen utensils, etc
abstracts - ditto
water droplets
portraits - selfies if necessary
food

You can use window light (and maybe some foil for reflectors) if you don't have lights. Desklamps, etc can also be used.

Cheers.

Wayne
29-01-2013, 2:09am
...inside? :)

still life - fruit, vegies, flowers, kitchen utensils, etc
abstracts - ditto
water droplets
portraits - selfies if necessary
food

You can use window light (and maybe some foil for reflectors) if you don't have lights. Desklamps, etc can also be used.

Cheers.
Or just go to the studio :D

Doktaduck
29-01-2013, 9:19am
I bought a Rainwear cover off e-bay for $4.23

There are still some there, ranging between $5 and $7

If interested, search in e-bay for "Professional Camera Rainwear Waterproof Rain Cover Coat Protector for Canon DSLR"

ameerat42
29-01-2013, 9:45am
Really! This much about rain?