PDA

View Full Version : photography or high level security?

b4cktr4ck
22-01-2013, 1:40pm
Hi all,

first post in this new forum that seems to have lots of info but is the most restricted (rule-wise) forum I have ever been.
Anyway, photography is a pretty new hobby for me, about 2 years now, focusing now on working with light, portrait and food, looking for my first studio gears, still going thru lighting 101 and Hobby's lighting DVDs
Recently got a 6D with kit (coming from 500D), so hopefully big times ahead! Lots to read in here!

cheers,
Mike

I @ M
22-01-2013, 1:53pm
G'day Mike, welcome to AP, pull up a chair and join in.

I'm not sure what the rules are that you think are overly restrictive, I would hazard a guess that the overwhelming majority of the members here don't have such concerns though.

ricktas
Welcome. You will find the site is not as restricted as it seems, the rules are there to ensure that members get to join in photographically but also ensure we don't have the personal attacks etc that are often seen elsewhere, or offers to buy gear that might be stolen etc.

See you and your photos on the forums soon

Mary Anne
Hello Mike and Welcome to AP.. I have never noticed that about the Rules, most likely there to protect us.
Interesting genres though I dont shoot either of them, so will look forward to seeing what you post on the forums..

Kym
22-01-2013, 2:31pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

As for the rules, AP is a VERY safe place to share your creative skills; also it's free but gives out lots of prizes! So to make it safe and fair we have the rules.