PDA

View Full Version : thread to Re-instate old account.

Redback200
14-01-2013, 12:11pm
Hi Everyone,

This is just a thread to re-instate my old account but I will tell you a bit about myself as well.

I have had a DSLR since the end of 2009. But I have not really been using it that much until recently. I will list my gear below. I have moved up to Brisbane a while back but still haven't been able to get out and about to the surrounding towns etc. So anyone who lives in QLD please let me know of any interesting places that I could visit on a weekend trip or something. Also looking for some good places to get some underwater shots as well. I have a cheapish tough camera for that.

Most of my photo's are long exposure night shots. I have recently started getting into shooting storms. Other than that most of my stuff is landscape and of course happy party snaps. I am hoping to learn more about getting the finer things right when I take a photo and go from getting good to poor shots to great to good ones. And hopefully can help some people as I learn too.

My gear is:
Canon 500D
Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 Mk II
Tamron SP AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD

Benro Travel Angel II Aluminium Tripod Kit A2682TB1

Olympus Tough TG-810 digital camera
Along with some other small accessories.

So that's it. I'll get on and start posting when I can.

Kym
14-01-2013, 1:09pm
:gday: & Welcome Back
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Staying active is easy and fun, just post an image for CC once a fortnight and
post 2 or 3 CC comments to other images in the same fortnight.

Redback200
14-01-2013, 1:10pm
Thanks. Do you happen to have a forum heading on post processing?

William
14-01-2013, 1:22pm
Yep have a look around here : http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?116-Post-Processing-Help

martycon
17-01-2013, 12:09am
For clear water you need to be far out or far away from muddy rivers. Bowen has some good coral close inshore, but you need a wet suit, because when the water is warm enough you will need protection from marine stingers. Its a hard life in the tropics!