PDA

View Full Version : Back and struggling :(

Gecko Girl
03-01-2013, 11:06am
Hi all,

I'm back on the site again after some time away...we had our first baby! Now I'm trying to get back into my photography and am finding that I'm struggling a bit. I have made the decision to leave the dial on "M" and keep snapping away until I get it right. However, I'm confusing myself in regards to depth of field I think. Ugh! Anyway, so I thought I would get myself back on here to see if could find the answers I need.

ricktas
03-01-2013, 12:51pm
Welcome back

Mary Anne
03-01-2013, 1:02pm
Hello and Welcome back and Congrats on the little one, I can understand you struggling take you time, when you get some that is :2smile:
Read all you can and then have another go, hopefully we will see some of your photos on the forum soon..

Kym
03-01-2013, 1:34pm
:gday: & Welcome

Try Av - which is where most of us live, M only as really needed

scarlet artemis
03-01-2013, 2:23pm
its so true about AV mode! My daughter has an album of Iphone photos for the first 18 months of her life that are blurry/not good quality, and since I learned to use my camera a little - the sudden difference in pictures is amazing, lol. Keep camera handy and take photos of bubby perhaps?

Wayne63
03-01-2013, 2:57pm
Welcome Back

Gecko Girl
04-01-2013, 4:08pm
Thanks all! I have had my camera out and handy to take pics of the little one. May I ask though, what is Av mode? I have Nikon which doesn't have Av mode. I'm assuming there would be an equivalent setting but I just don't know what that is :) [Edited] - Ok. So I decided to use my head a little and google assisted with my "Av mode" question. :) My equivalent is "A" and I think after a few quick experimental photos on that setting just now, I will leave it there for a while :) Thanks for the suggestion! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the suggestion...will give it a try :)

ameerat42
04-01-2013, 4:08pm
Aperture Priority mode. You set the aperture (by selecting an f-stop) and the camera adjusts shutter speed to effect a good exposure. Next Q: Tv mode is Shutter Priority...

Kym
04-01-2013, 4:22pm
Have a look at the NTP Book... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book

Mark L
04-01-2013, 9:27pm
Welcome back Gecko Girl.
Aperture Priority mode is good. Now to decide if you are going to choose your ISO setting, or put camera on auto ISO for that.:D