PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Bart
24-12-2012, 5:58pm
My kid's call me a "recycled teenager", I'm the otherside of 50 and have had an interest in photography since my teenage years.

In those years I used a Ricoh SLX500 SLR camera with a standard lens and a 85-200 telephoto lens and still have this camera.

I bought a Nikon D40 to get me into the digital age but unfortunately only ever used it on the automatic settings.
About six months ago I bought a Sony DSC-HX200V (I sort of regret buying this one).

I have recently joined the Riverland Camera Club and this has fired the desire to get to learn the "away from auto" picture taking.

I am looking at a future purchase of either a Nikon D7000 or Canon EOS 7D, unsure of which to go for at this stage, still researching.

I am hoping to pick up a lot of tips and tricks and get the good picture.

Cheers, Bart

Kym
24-12-2012, 6:10pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

:santa::christmasparty:

Mary Anne
24-12-2012, 6:37pm
Hello Bart :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Plenty of tips to pick up here, post some photos on the Forums for cc to get more.
Choosing a camera keep researching as its not a easy choice when you are up against two good brands.
One tip though go into a store and hold them both and make sure the one you want feels comfortable in your hands.. :xmas31::santa::christmasparty:

rwg717
24-12-2012, 9:47pm
Hi Bart, nice to have you along:xmas31:
Richard

Wayne63
25-12-2012, 6:42am
Welcome to AP Bart

xxdrakexx
26-12-2012, 5:17pm
Hi welcome to AP :)