PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Myself

SierraJohn
24-12-2012, 8:46am
Hi,

I am a Photographer from California who is heading to Oz in March and April, 2013. I thought this would be a great place to make contacts and learn more
about photographing this vast and awesome country. A an other Australian photographer directed me here.

I have lived in Nevada City, California, a small artistic community, for 30 years. Nevada City is in the Gold Country of the Sierras, 2 1/2 hours from San Francisco. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have lived and worked in Japan and Peru, teaching in the American Overseas Schools system. I have also worked in London in construction and remodeling. I have been a photographer since my first photo of Yosemite Falls with a Brownie when I was 8 years old. My real interest started in my 20's when I lived in Japan. Since that time I have traveled and photographed in more than 50 countries. In 2009 I photographed in Iceland, Sardinia and mainland Italy. I have shot Black and White in the past but concentrate on color now. For the past 5 years I have been using a digital DSLR; at this time a Canon 5D Mark II. I mainly shoot landscapes, travel and abstract.
In 2009 I published a book of my work over the last three years titled, 'Photo Light Forms'.
As a Photographer, I approach each image in the same way as the Japanese poetry (Haiku and Tanka) I studied and wrote in Japan. Each poem creates a singular emotional response in the reader. With my photographs I try to evoke in the viewer the same kind of response, something each viewer will bring to the image and take from the image, not just a visual memory, but as something transformational that takes the viewer beyond the image itself.

John

Kym
24-12-2012, 8:52am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
24-12-2012, 8:52am
Welcome to AP John. Pull up a chair and join right in.

ameerat42
24-12-2012, 9:23am
Welcome to AP, and eventually to Oz. Hope you have a great experience.
Am.

Wayne63
24-12-2012, 11:24am
Welcome to AP John

Ian
24-12-2012, 11:53am
hi john, and welcome aboard. the crew here are helpfull and friendly, enjoy your stay with AP, and enjoy you trip to Australia. also Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year may it be joyful and a safe period.:xmas31::santa::food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

SierraJohn
24-12-2012, 12:07pm
Thanks all. Now I just have to figure out how to post a few photos here:xmas:

Mary Anne
24-12-2012, 2:02pm
Hello John :action66: and Welcome to AP.. To Post Photos go up to the top of the page here, click on Library then * How Do I *
Looking forward to seeing what you post on the Forums..

rwg717
24-12-2012, 9:45pm
Hi John and welcome to AP.....enjoy:tog:
Richard

xxdrakexx
26-12-2012, 5:19pm
Hi welcome to AP :)