PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Snippet
23-12-2012, 9:49pm
I would like to introduce myself to members of Australian Photography. A friend recommended this site and it looks very interesting.

I'm a keen amateur photographer and member of an excellent Sydney camera club. My house is full of photography books and magazines; I enter international competitions as often as I can afford and enjoy being a judge.

My camera is a Canon 7D, which I love, and my favourite lens is the EFS10-22mm. I try my hand at all sorts of photography but altered reality is my passion.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Happy Christmas
Snippet:christmasparty:

Kym
23-12-2012, 10:09pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Snippet
23-12-2012, 10:46pm
Thanks for your welcome, Kym. Will do!
Snippet

Mary Anne
23-12-2012, 10:50pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. You are fast I have already replied to one of your Posts :xmas31::santa::christmasparty:

ricktas
23-12-2012, 10:57pm
welcome to AP, see you on the forums.

Wayne63
24-12-2012, 5:39am
Welcome to AP Snippit, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums.

Snippet
24-12-2012, 5:50am
Much appreciated, Mary Anne.

Snippet
24-12-2012, 9:10am
Hi Rick

Can you delete all my posts so far? I can't seem to find an answer to my query on the site.

I want to remove my logo as a result of your email, I've just created it and was keen to use it but overlooked the fact that it is advertising.
Also, I will refrain from mentioning the plugins I use, since you also mention that it is promotion for the products.

I will post others once they are deleted. My apologies for breaking all the rules my first day.

Snippet

rwg717
24-12-2012, 9:49pm
Cheers Snippet and welcome to AP:camera:
Richard

ricktas
25-12-2012, 12:03am
We don't need to delete the posts you have done so far. My pm merely was to ensure you adhered to the site rules. All good from my end for the posts you have done to date, as long as the future ones take on board my comments 're commercial promotion.

Snippet
26-12-2012, 11:49am
Sorry, Rick but it's goodbye from me. I can't agree with your rule that I'm able to name my camera and lens but not share information with other members about which plug ins I use. It's nonsensical, both promote commercial items and I don't see any difference between mentioning Canon instead of Topaz. Also, my logo is my protection and if people choose to look it up it's hardly advertising. I don't make money out of my book, just cover costs. I'm not a professional, but I like to share and help other photographers.

This doesn't seem to be a site for me.

Snippet