PDA

View Full Version : allow me

smash
21-12-2012, 1:14pm
to introduce myself.

hey, not new to photography. new to taking an active interest in it. mainly because i never had anything other than a sub $100 PAS camera. where getting a good photo was mainly down to the auto feature not working properly...and luck.

decided to go the film route. mainly because a halfway decent film slr costs about 1/4 the price of an entry level dslr.

also, i have good memories of playing about with my dads early 70's olympus as a kid.

started off with a pentax P30, it worked, and work well, but it was definitely a 30 year old camera. view finder was scuffed up, and some of the plastic was showing it's age. but the lenses it came with were good, so decided to stick with pentax, or at least another k-mount camera. ended up finding a pentax z-10 in really good condition on gumtree, but it was already won on ebay. so i bought another p30, shortly after that, got an email from the folks with te z10 saying the ebay guy fell through and it was mine if i wanted it.

now i have 2 p30's, a z10. 4 lenses and a bunch of film. still for less than half the cost of a entry level DSLR body.

and now with a few lenses going digital again won't cost as much.

landscape is what i'm most interested in. road trips to and through great places. but also interest in just making whatever photos i take look better.

when i put photos up, brutal honesty is well appreciated. i'm not precious, and well used to it.

Cheers.

Wayne63
21-12-2012, 1:49pm
Welcome to AP smash, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums.

smash
21-12-2012, 1:56pm
cheers wayne. i've got a couple rolls getting done at the moment, almost through a third now. hopefully i've got something halfway decent.

when i've been able to i've been writing down settings used for the photos i take so i know what i've done...wrong.

ricktas
21-12-2012, 1:58pm
Welcome to AP. See you on the forums

Mary Anne
21-12-2012, 2:27pm
Hello :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Sounds interesting and I will be looking forward to seeing what you post on the Forums :santa::xmas31:

ameerat42
21-12-2012, 3:51pm
A fine "how do you do", smash!
I still have a few rolls, keeping in the fridge.
Am.

Kym
21-12-2012, 8:35pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

rwg717
21-12-2012, 9:09pm
Hi there and a warm welcome to AP:xmas31:
Richard

xxdrakexx
26-12-2012, 5:24pm
Hi welcome to AP :)