PDA

View Full Version : New to photography

Mundy
04-12-2012, 9:38pm
Hi,

I'm Daniel, I'm 28 years old and got my first DSLR about 4 months ago to take better pictures on my son (born 30/6). I don't do anything in halves, and started reading a photography or three, and soon found this to be a new passion.

I seem to gravitate to nature photography more than portraits, I like getting out of the house and seeing new things, appreciating natural beauty and enjoying the quiet time.

I feel like I've read so many books and online material but I really just need some actual experience. I'm looking into their camera clubs around my area but its a but overwhelming, I went along to a workshop put on by the Adelaide Camera Club and they a very portrait-oriented, so I'm looking into others that may better suit my style. Dealing with models and the small-talk required to make them loosen up was very scary!

Anyway I'm looking forward to getting to know you all :)

By the way my camera is a Pentax K-5, with a Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 and a Pentax FA50mm f/1.4.

Cheers,
Daniel

Mary Anne
04-12-2012, 10:00pm
Hello Daniel :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Plenty of reading to do on here too.
I love photographing all kinds of Nature also so will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums

xxdrakexx
04-12-2012, 11:17pm
Hi welcome to AP :)

ameerat42
05-12-2012, 4:23pm
Hi Daniel. I'm Am. (That's the long version.) Welcome to AP. You have a keen attitude, so that'll be good to help you learn about photography (and enjoy it too).

Kym
05-12-2012, 5:36pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

rwg717
05-12-2012, 9:14pm
Welcome to AP Daniel, nice to have you along:christmasparty:
Richard

Mark L
05-12-2012, 10:14pm
G'day Daniel.
Welcome to a non-overwhelming camera club. :D
You'll learn plenty here if you get involved.

Wayne63
06-12-2012, 7:30am
Welcome to AP Daniel, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums.

DNB
06-12-2012, 12:43pm
Welcome to AP Daniel :)

Mundy
06-12-2012, 2:31pm
Thanks guys! I've posted a photo in the landscape CC forum and love the responses I'm getting. Already I'm finding this to be a top-quality community and I'm glad I stumbled upon the link. I'll be sticking around :)