PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to upgrade my Canon 400d

grandmapaparazzi
30-11-2012, 11:40am
I have found old postings on the subject but know a lot has changed in the past 2-4 years.

I have the following lens
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Tamron 18-250 3.5-6.3
Canon 18-55

We are starting to travel a fair bit and I love landscape photography. Also kids, more on the move than portraiture, gardens and flowers and seaside. Low light without too much fuss an advantage.
Not interestd in video at all.
Hopefully, nothing heavier than the 400d.

Christmas and New Year sales starting soon so I'd love some advice please.

ricktas
30-11-2012, 12:00pm
Welcome to AP. I would start by saying that if you repost your questions in the Camera Gear forum, under the Canon section you will get more detailed information from the Canon users.

Hope we get to see some of your photos soon

Kym
30-11-2012, 12:56pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

grandmapaparazzi
30-11-2012, 1:21pm
Thank you, I'll do that.

Mary Anne
30-11-2012, 2:00pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Yes you will get plenty of help on the Canon forum and new technology can get heavy :D
Looking forward to seeing what you post on the forums.

Mark L
30-11-2012, 10:58pm
Welcome to AP grandmapaparazzi.
If you go into a shop and put a few Canon cameras ('cause that what you have lens for) in your hands, you'll get an idea of what feels good.
Then you'll buy a 60D.:D:th3:

rwg717
30-11-2012, 11:53pm
Hi and welcome to AP:D
Richard

Analog6
01-12-2012, 5:54am
Welcome to the forum - great member name by the way! Are you committed to new? I began with a 300D in 2004 and since then have always gone the second hand path - I got more 'bang for my buck' buying an upgrade freak's (what I call those who just HAVE to upgrade every time a new model comes out, even if they don't use the features) little used cast offs. Any of the XXD from 40D upwards would be good choices. I start at 40D as it has sensor cleaning technology. As Rick said, lots more info in the Canon forum.

grandmapaparazzi
01-12-2012, 6:55am
Thank you. I wasn't sure about trusting the secondhand option.
My grandchildren gave me the name; I admit to deserving it but I tell them practice makes perfect.

Analog6
01-12-2012, 3:42pm
Thank you. I wasn't sure about trusting the secondhand option.
My grandchildren gave me the name; I admit to deserving it but I tell them practice makes perfect.

I've never had a dud, don't know if I've been exceptionally lucky or not. I have bought 35mm bodies and lenses and medium format digital bodies, backs and lenses. Most have come from forums like this one and a few bibs and bobs from ebay, after very, very carefully checking out the seller. My Hasselblad H2/PhaseOneP20 back came as a kit from a ebay seller in the UK - it was a shop and I could check them out but I trusted almost $8K to an intenrnet buy - and it was worth every cent.

xxdrakexx
04-12-2012, 11:29pm
Hi welcome to AP :)