PDA

View Full Version : Hello all.

robertgeary
21-11-2012, 5:13pm
Wow. It's been a while since I delved into a forum ... First time ever on a photography forum too.
I'm new to this whole thing, I'm a musician and that's been me for the past 5 years but I've found a new love which is starting to take over my passions.

Live music is what got me started in photography. People like Nic Bezzina, Daniel Boud and Kane Hibberd sort of inspired me to pick up a camera and start shooting.
I'm here because I want to learn. I like to ask questions and help and be helped. I'm not a very passive learner - being able to interact with other people is much more my thing.

I'm sort of steering away from live music. While I love it, it's not really the photography I'm too interested in. I think portraiture is more my style - exploring different concepts and ideas and being able to control a situation.
I guess for the past 8 months I've just been in love with photography. 8 months isn't long and I have heaps to learn before I can even consider myself a good photographer but that's why I'm here isn't it?

ameerat42
21-11-2012, 6:20pm
Hi Robert. Join in and enjoy.
Am.

ricktas
21-11-2012, 7:50pm
Welcome to AP. Pull up a chair and join in

robertgeary
21-11-2012, 8:01pm
Thanks guys - happy to be here.

Mark L
21-11-2012, 9:55pm
G'day and,

...... I'm here because I want to learn. I like to ask questions and help and be helped. I'm not a very passive learner - being able to interact with other people is much more my thing.

That's good, and what helps make AP work. Not being passive also helps those that are, learn also.

Kym
21-11-2012, 10:22pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Wayne63
22-11-2012, 6:22am
Welcome to AP Robert, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums

xxdrakexx
23-11-2012, 4:49pm
Hi welcome to AP :)

rwg717
23-11-2012, 9:26pm
Hi Robert and welcome to AP:)
Richard