PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from a Sandgroper

tjandjs
09-11-2012, 3:27am
:gday: Hello everyone, my name is Tim and I'm from Perth. One week ago my third child was born and I decided I wanted to purchase a better camera. So, I managed to pick up a Nikon D3200 with 18-55mm AF-S lens and WU-1a wifi adapter.
I have joined the forum to find out more about using my camera and how to get the most from it. I use it mainly for family photography. Up to this point I have just used point and shoot cameras, so this is a large learning curve for me. Just from the few weeks I have been using the D3200 I already want to find out more about low light photo's and the best way to take them.
Must say well done on the forum, I have been doing some reading and it's great to have such a detailed introduction to a forum. Great information for a newbie.
One other thing I am keen on is taking some good sunset beach photo's.
Click Click Tim

Wayne63
09-11-2012, 6:19am
Welcome to AP Tim, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums

tjandjs
09-11-2012, 6:24am
Thanks Wayne, still getting use to where everything is on the forum first....

ricktas
09-11-2012, 6:49am
Welcome. see you on the forums

ktoopi
09-11-2012, 9:13am
Howdy fellow sandgroper, I live in NSW now but will always be a sandgroper at heart:D. This is a great forum, very friendly and everyone is extremely helpful. My photography has improved heaps and heaps just by posting pics and listening to feedback and also learning by asking questions and getting a ton of responses by various members. It is also great to go out on meets with other members in your area. I have met some fantastic people and learnt a lot from them. Enjoy your new baby and your new camera:)

Kym
09-11-2012, 9:21am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
09-11-2012, 8:50pm
Click Click indeed Tim. Welcome aboard.
Once you've discovered where everything is, don't be afraid to ask questions. :th3:

tjandjs
09-11-2012, 10:35pm
Thanks everyone, so far the camera has just been set and forget, in Auto mode so not sure if it's worth posting these photo's????

I am interested in purchasing a fish eye lens and taking some shots with it. We have a birthday party coming up and thought it might be fun to have for it. Could anyone point me in the right direction for threads that talk about these and what to look out for when purchasing?

rwg717
09-11-2012, 10:41pm
Hello Tim and hope you enjoy AP:D
Richard

Mark L
10-11-2012, 9:31pm

I am interested in purchasing a fish eye lens and taking some shots with it. We have a birthday party coming up and thought it might be fun to have for it. Could anyone point me in the right direction for threads that talk about these and what to look out for when purchasing?

Not every one looks in the intro threads. Reckon you'll get a much better response if you start a thread and ask a question here ..... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?32-Camera-Lens-Gear-Talk
Go on. :th3:

xxdrakexx
15-11-2012, 7:49pm
hi welcome to AP :)