PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Adelaide

hcardle
08-11-2012, 4:53pm
Originally from UK. Born in Glasgow moved near Edinburgh when i got married. Took up photography then and had fun getting out and about with the kids when they were little.
Moved to Adelaide 22 years ago and put the Pentax gear in attic along with all the dark room stuff.
A couple of years ago my wife convinced me to go on a big holiday and I decided i needed new gear. As much as I loved the Pentax gear I had I couldnt ignore the current Nikon cameras and stumped up for a D7000. I opted for the 55-200 zoom and picked up a used 18-70 as well. The holliday was great and I took thousands of pics. I cant believe the level of control and options the new digital SLR's have.
Anyway, i have been steadily building up the gear; i got a used 10-20 Sigma for a bargain and just picked up an almost new 300mm f4. (I just need to find a case for it and/or buy a new, bigger, bag). Flash, tripod, battery pack, filters, etc, etc. I do find some time to take photos too and have done some video as well. 2 of my sons are in a band so i do their pics/videos. I also got one of the Zoom audio recorders which has helped enormously with sound quality.
Anyhoo, must go, lots still to learn

Hugh

Mark L
08-11-2012, 8:34pm
Welcome to you, Hugh.
You've found a good place to share learn and maybe help others.:th3:

ROA44
08-11-2012, 9:07pm
Welcome to AP if your interested in a club the Tea tree camera club runs meeting every 2nd & fourth monday of the month. the next meeting being Monday 12th of November @ the Gem & Mineral Club rooms Dowding Tce. TTG.you can check the web page. ttgcamera.blogspot.com.au

kalley
08-11-2012, 9:12pm
Welcome Hugh,
don't worry we all learn something every day.

Kevin

hcardle
08-11-2012, 9:46pm
Thanks guys.

rwg717
08-11-2012, 11:35pm
Cheers Hugh, nice to welcome you to AP:)
Richard

Kym
09-11-2012, 9:24am
:gday: & Welcome Back
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!