PDA

View Full Version : Tracy's story

Tracywilko
08-11-2012, 7:59am
I have been interested in photography for many years but only over the past 13 months have I taken it seriously. I have travelled to many places with small compact digitals and thought I was taking reasonable photos but after a gift of a canon 5D and many workshops and Tafe courses this year, I realize how much more there is to taking a great shot. My gear includes Canon 5D mark II, Canon 7D, sigma 24-70 lens, canon 70-300 lens, canon 50mm, canon 100mm macro, canon speedlite 430exII, Elinchrom 500 strobes, manfrotto tripod. I have learnt a lot from my studies this year and I never go anywhere without at least one camera but I will continue to class myself as a beginner until I am more confident. I hope by posting on this site I will gain that confidence and I look forward to your critique and input. My main interests are in people and street photography but I have completed landscape and wedding photography courses. I have still not really found my niche so I will continue to take photos of everything until something "clicks". (pun intended)

ricktas
08-11-2012, 1:08pm
Welcome to AP. Show us some of your photos soon

Mary Anne
08-11-2012, 1:58pm
Hello Tracy and Welcome to AP.
I was surprised to read after having your cameras for 13 months you still class yourself as a beginner
Especially with all those courses and workshops you have completed. There is plenty to learn here and its all free.
Post some photos on the Forums for cc thats the best way to learn.. :th3:

Mark L
08-11-2012, 8:31pm
Hello Tracey.

rwg717
08-11-2012, 11:36pm
Hi Tracy and welcome to AP.....enjoy:efelant:
Richard

Kym
09-11-2012, 9:24am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!