PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Rosebank NSW

sandraheuston
07-11-2012, 2:20pm
Hi my name is Sandra and I live in the beautiful northern rivers region of NSW.
I have been dabbling in photography for the past 5 years or so. I particularly enjoy macro photography as it gives us a glimpse into all things beautiful not normally seen by the naked eye. I have a limited capacity for shooting with a camera due to my physical disability but enjoy the many challenges. I am attaching a personal statemenbt that pretty much sums up my view on why I like to take photos.

Photography, for me is about keeping it simple and as organic as possible.

My primary interest is in working with the shapes, forms and textures that are an inherent part of the natural world. My aim is to distil things to their simplest denominator, their essence. I enjoy the challenge of taking organic, and sometimes inorganic objects, and showing them in different contexts.

Through my photography I want to communicate a sense of the processes at play in our environment.

I believe this is not only important in eliciting an aesthetic appreciation of nature, but in sounding an ecological warning of the demise of the world’s rainforests, a vital part of the health of our planetary ecosystems and all living creatures.

Some of my achievements in the past 4 years include:

Awards (photography)
Two images ‘Highly Commended’ in the Interpretative section of the ANZANG (Australia, N.Z. Antarctica, New Guinea) Australasian Nature Photography awards in 2008 and 2010.
1st prize Coraki Art Prize (Photography) 2010
Publication (photography)
The two award winning images, were published in the ANZANG book Australasian Nature Photography (fifth edition) 2008 and (seventh edition)2010.
Selective Exhibitions:
ANZANG exhibition, Western Australia Museum, Albany
Buttery Art Exhibition, Bangalow, NSW
Border Art Prize, Tweed River Regional Gallery, Murwillumbah, NSW
Small Works 09, Brunswick Street Gallery, ,Fitzroy. Vic.
Finalist, Olive Cotton Award 2009, Tweed River Regional Gallery, Murwillumbah, NSW
Border Art Prize, Gold Coast City Art Gallery, Surfer’s Paradise, Qld.
Bellingen Art Prize, Bellingen, NSW
Liverpool City Art Prize, Casula Powerhouse, NSW
Solo exhibition: Big Scrub Rainforest Day, Bangalow, NSW
Finalist, Muswellbrook Photographic Award, NSW
ANZANG exhibition, South Australia and Sydney, NSW
Bellingen Art Prize, Bellingen, NSW
Coraki Tea Tree Art Prize, Coraki, NSW
Iris Award 2010, Perth, W.A.
Byron Arts Classic, Byron Bay, NSW
Linden Postcard Show
Finalist, Olive Cotton Award, 2011, Tweed River Art Gallery, Murwillumbah, NSW
Finalist, Caldera Art Award, Tweed River Art Gallery, Murwillumbah, NSW
Finalist, Uncover, Perth, W.A.
Byron Arts Classic, Byron Bay, NSW
Connecting Communities, Ballina, NSW
Finalist, Caldera Art Award, Tweed River Art Gallery, Murwillumbah, NSW

cheers,
Sandra

Debra Faulkner
07-11-2012, 2:28pm
Hi Sandra and welcome to AP! :action66:

With your enthusiasm, you will fit in here very well! Looking forward to seeing some of your photos so join in and have fun! :)

Wayne63
07-11-2012, 2:29pm
Welcome to AP Sandra, thats quite a intro well done. Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Kym
07-11-2012, 2:55pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mary Anne
07-11-2012, 4:09pm
Hello Sandra :action66: and Welcome to AP. Thats quite an achievements in the past 4 years :wd:
Will look forward to seeing what you post in the Macro Forum..

Congo
07-11-2012, 4:40pm
Hi Sandra and welcome to AP.

sandraheuston
07-11-2012, 4:49pm
thanks Kym,
could you please advice how to upload my photos??
cheers,
Sandra

Mary Anne
07-11-2012, 5:15pm
Sandra go to the Forums Page scroll down the page to All Libraries > How Do I ... Plenty of info there..

ricktas
07-11-2012, 6:44pm
Welcome aboard and based on all the above we have upgraded you from intermediate to advanced level.

See you on the forums

Wandapics
07-11-2012, 6:49pm
Hello Sandra welcome to a great Forum :) I live not far from you at Caniaba. I am also involved with Lismore Camera Club.

Mark L
07-11-2012, 9:34pm
Welcome to AP Sandra. A great place to share, learn and teach others.

could you please advice how to upload my photos??

There's a few ways to do it...... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:How_Do_I

Bluegleek911
10-11-2012, 11:30pm
Hello :o