PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the NSW Central Coast

Mason91
06-10-2012, 8:41am
Hello!

My name is Mason, I'm 21 and live on the central coast. I have recently been drawn to photography and this forum having recently purchased my first "real" camera. I have a Canon 600D with the "kit" 18-55mm lens.
I originally purchased the camera to take some macro pictures of my other hobby (marine fish tank...) but as soon as I got the camera home I have been taking photos of anything and everything and must admit It is rather relaxing and enjoyable.

I have been using the manual modes on the camera after about a week of purchase and my understanding has grown immensly (though I would stress that a still know VERY little :o and have only had the camera a month)

I think after using the camera for a month I like the nature side of photography the most (so far) and have taken a few different shots mostly incorporating the water in some way or another. Looking forward to learning plenty more.

Thanks,

Mason

Mary Anne
06-10-2012, 8:50am
Hello Mason and Welcome to AP.. I will look forward to seeing those close up images of the fish on the Forums.

ricktas
06-10-2012, 9:02am
Welcome to AP Mason, see you on the forums

Mason91
06-10-2012, 4:35pm

Mark L
06-10-2012, 7:32pm
G'day Mason.
AP has a free New to Photography course here ..... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book
So in your learning process, if you're not sure about something, it may be covered there.
Or just start a thread and post a question. I've found this to be a very helpful place.:th3:

Kym
06-10-2012, 7:56pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

rwg717
06-10-2012, 8:34pm
Cheers Mason and nice to welcome you to AP;:D
Richard

Mason91
07-10-2012, 3:42pm
Thanks for the welcome! I've posted a couple of pictures in the beginners cc forum, getting a basic understanding of the place. :)

richoman3
07-10-2012, 5:35pm
welcome :)