PDA

View Full Version : New Stuff... New Enthusiasm!

jaycee
06-10-2012, 8:44am
Hi all,

I've been absent for a while, but have recently been able to invest in some long-needed new equipment which has rekindled my excitement for photography. I hope to get some photos up for review in separate threads.

My previous camera was a Canon 300D with a 28-105mm lens. I now have the following:

Canon 60D
Canon 24-105mm f4 L
Canon 50mm f1.4

I'm looking forward to getting some pictures up and learning how to use all this new equipment!

Cheers,
Jaycee

ameerat42
06-10-2012, 8:51am
Hi all,

I've been absent for a while, but have recently been able to invest in some long-needed new equipment which has rekindled my excitement for photography. I hope to get some photos up for review in separate threads.

My previous camera was a Canon 300D with a 28-105mm lens. I now have the following:

Canon 60D
Canon 24-105mm f4 L
Canon 500mm f1.4

I'm looking forward to getting some pictures up and learning how to use all this new equipment!

Cheers,
Jaycee

Hi Jaycee. You're lucky!!!
A

Canon 500mm f1.4 :eek::eek:

Oh, too may 0s. I take it you mean a Canon 50mm f/1.4. (Or even a Canon 500mm f/4???)
Still, it would have been nice.

Anyway, welcome back and whatever it turns out to be, I look forward to some pics from it.
Am.

Mary Anne
06-10-2012, 8:53am
Welcome back and congrats on the new lenses, I have those two lenses and if its the 50mm f/1.4 you are writing about and you will love it.

jaycee
06-10-2012, 8:59am
Haha... yes it was a typo! As much as I'd love a 500mm f1.4 (if such a thing exists?), my budget only allows for a 50mm :p

The other lens I'm likely to get soon is a Tokina 11-16mm f2.8, as I feel that I'm lacking in the wide end for landscape shots (never mind that I'm lacking in skill :D)... once I have that I think I'll be set for a while.

My account has been unlocked now, so I think I'll post some of my test pics for critique. Looking forward to some feedback.

Cheers,
Jaycee

Kym
06-10-2012, 9:00am
:gday: & Welcome Back

Staying active is easy and fun, just post an image for CC once a fortnight and
post 2 or 3 CC comments to other images in the same fortnight.

Mark L
06-10-2012, 8:24pm
Welcome back Jaycee.
You'll enjoy the 60D.
I'm starting research on a wide angle lens and the Tokina is one on the list. Is there any particular reason you chose this lens?

ricktas
06-10-2012, 8:25pm
Welcome back

jaycee
06-10-2012, 9:44pm
Hi Mark,

I decided on the Tokina because I've read several very positive reviews, seen a few great photos online which were taken with this lens and had a play with it yesterday at a local store and really liked how it felt and behaved. Also it seems to be quite affordable online at the moment because a new version has been released.

Cheers,
Jaycee