PDA

View Full Version : Lyns Pictures from Nikon 1 V1

raccoon
16-09-2012, 1:55pm
HI everyone, Lyn has bought a nikon 1 V1 and these are her first lot of pictures, all shot in Program mode and JPG files..
We went out to Botany Bay National Park and she took these..

Mathy
16-09-2012, 6:03pm
Hi Paul, congrats to Lyn on her new camera. It's nice to find another V1 user here :D The V1 works lovely in Aperture Priority mode with the ISO locked down. She'll love the fast AF and the HD Video is pretty good too. Just needs some more lenses, unless you shoot Nikon and you've bought the FT1 adapter? cheers Deb

raccoon
18-09-2012, 6:22pm
thanks deb, you will see more of her pics soon

peterb666
19-09-2012, 11:47am
They are great shots Lyn, the flower is lovely, well composed and with great impact. The other shots remind me that I must find time to return to the Minmi - nice to be near such an interesting spot.

It is a fab camera and you are going to really enjoy using it. I look forward to seeing some more shots from you.

Cheers

Peter

Darey
19-09-2012, 8:05pm
I'm finally back on the site after spending too much time working and fishing. Oh and drinking plenty of fine reds. :p

Wow Lyn, it was a pleasant surprise to come across this thread and see your first shots with your new toy. I enjoyed all of the shots (except for the ugly bit of wreck in shot 4 :D )
It looks like your off to a very good start and I like your variety of compositions.
The standout for me is the last shot because it is very well composed, sharp and I like the vivid colours you have captured.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

NikonNellie
20-09-2012, 9:12pm
A great start Lyn - I particularly like the composition in the first image. You need to get Paul to show you how to bring up some colour in Lightroom or Photoshop.
#2 - you captured that water spray very well and you didn't blow out the highlights which is so easy to do in water shots.
#3 - I would have liked to have seen a little more of the foreground rocks but you have added interest with the ship in the background.
#4 - Well.....umm what can I say!. :D
#5 - lovely vibrant colour and you captured a good amount of detail in the middle of the flower.

Well done for a first effort - looking forward to seeing you on our meets in the future with a camera in your hands. :)

raccoon
11-10-2012, 6:48pm
HI everyone one, thanks for your nice comments
See you soon

Lyn

judybee
19-10-2012, 11:08am
Hi Lyn
We've been away so just logged on for the first time in a while, congrats on your camera. Nikon, yeah, good choice.
I like the water spray shot, I just love how you froze the spray and also the purple flower is great, great composition and colour in that one.
See you soon
Judy

raccoon
22-10-2012, 1:06pm
HI Judy
Lyn says thanks for your comments.
Hope your holiday was good and the PENTHOUSE was to your liking.

judybee
23-10-2012, 12:03pm
HI Judy
Lyn says thanks for your comments.
Hope your holiday was good and the PENTHOUSE was to your liking.

did I mention the Penthouse ???:lol: YES, it was really nice. I am still processing my photos and hope to post some soon.