PDA

View Full Version : Photo Opportunities - Nth Island of NZ

Karl
27-08-2012, 6:09pm
In 27 days the Mrs and I are heading to the North Island of New Zealand for a two week holiday - basically we are doing a clock wise drive around the island.

I was just wondering if anyone would mind sharing some great locations to do some photography so I can plan them into our intinerary.

Thanks.

Karl

Old Skool
27-08-2012, 7:54pm
Everywhere! Are you doing the center ie. Taupo, Rotorua or just around the outside of the NI? A must do is go to Whakatane and take the boat or helicopter over to White Island - an active volcano that is well worth visiting. Coromandel area is beautiful, Whitianga - Cathedral Cove area, Hot water beach. Tauranga go to Mount Maunganui (The Mount) and climb to the top, great views & great beach. Wellington west coast drive north is scenic. Check out Te Papa at Wellington - National Museum (free entry) also wander around the water front at Wellington - also take the cable car up to the top - great views esp at sunset. Basically anywhere you drive there will be great photo opportunities.

StanW
01-09-2012, 8:14am
I'd suggest you drive down the East coast. Look at all the side roads leading down to the old ports.