PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

cjeff
08-08-2012, 3:45pm
Hi All,

Just joined up today. I'm a member of *removed -see site rules 3-7* as I use a Minolta D7D and Minolta D7 cameras. Joined here because to a certain extent I'd like to be part of an Australian photography based group as well. I have had camera's for years and years, but have only been doing this as a serious hobby for 2 or 3 years. Not sure how active I'll be on here as I already spend too much time on other forums (for other interests...), but certainly hope to hang around. I've done a few courses at the Sydney Community College and really enjoyed it, I like doing them as it forces me out to go and take photographs and actually practice, which otherwise somedays I find hard to kick myself into gear and get out there. Anyway, enough for now...

Cheers - Craig

ameerat42
08-08-2012, 4:12pm
Hi Craig. Welcome to AP also. I still have A 5D, 7D, and my most recent, an SRT303.

So if you do a bit of film work, put it up here as well, as there are a few buffs around (myself increasingly less so...)
Am.

cjeff
08-08-2012, 4:28pm
Haha cool. I actually have a D5 film body as well, but since getting the 7 have kind of parked it. I bought the 5 brand new back in 2003, at the time I could only dream of a 7 Film body. Picked one up from *removed - see site rules 3-7* and was absolutely over the moon. It put in perspective why a lot of D7D owners were disappointed with the focusing speed. Forgetting the film vs Digital part, the 7 Film Body outperforms my Digital body significantly in viewfinder and focusing speed/accuracy.

I'd love some recommendations where I can get B&W film processed (well actually C41) with high resolution scans that are relatively noise free. The last roll I had developed at *removed - see site rules 3-7*, and the results were very disappointing. I asked them specifically if they could do high resolution scans before putting the film in, and they said they could, but when they came back, the scans were barely 1024 and full of high noise - completely useless. I complained and they said that's as high as they can do... So have a roll of film waiting to be developed as we speak now, but want somewhere I know can do a good high res scan - 10MP minimum - and not cost the earth.

Craig

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and extra cool kudos on the 303. I plan to get a classic era Minolta at some stage. I think they'd come in quite handy for use when I'm snowboarding - knowing that I have something built solid as, not worth too much, and no need to worry about the cold weather flattening the battery...

I @ M
08-08-2012, 5:36pm
I'd love some recommendations where I can get B&W film processed (well actually C41) with high resolution scans that are relatively noise free.

You could try site advertiser Film Street as they seem to be doing just what you want ----

http://www.filmstreet.com.au/

Kym
08-08-2012, 6:46pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

rwg717
08-08-2012, 10:20pm
Hi Craig and welcome to AP:)
Richard