PDA

View Full Version : This looks like fun :)

Mathy
07-08-2012, 12:48am
Hi all, posting to introduce myself. I've read the appropriate things I was directed towards, nice to see a sense of humour amongst all the rules, I enjoyed them ......

I classify myself as a beginner, as I've only recently decided to get serious about trying to take good photos. I'm of an age such that I have used a film SLR, followed by a few P&S numbers. I've recently bought a Nikon V1, and I'll be quite upfront and say that I don't see myself buying a DSLR, they look very heavy, even though I've seen some lovely photos. I'm aware of the debate about the idiosyncracies of the V1, but I've also seen some great photos from this camera so I'm happy to learn and grow with it.

My favourite photography is animals, street and landscape, but with more lenses, I'd probably have a crack at anything.

I live at Semaphore, which is near Port Adelaide (and please let's NOT discuss the Power), so I have the sea on one side and a river on the other.

I'm a very keen golfer, but I'll spare you discussion and photos on that unless someone is equally as keen :)

I work for a VERY large hardware company.

My favourite animal subject is my Italian Greyhound, they're very quick and difficult to photograph in action. I'm a long term and active member of an International Italian Greyhound forum, so I understand the desire to have peeps participating.

I do most of my web browsing using an iPad and I use an iMac for photo editing. I'm going to check out your forum App because trying to do this on the iPad using Safari is quite frankly, awful :(

I like being an active forum member, and I'm looking forward to browsing the forums and checking this site out, cheers Deb

ricktas
07-08-2012, 6:23am
Welcome to AP Deb. Enjoy the site and hope we get to see some greyhound photos soon.

Wayne63
07-08-2012, 6:37am
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your work in the forums.

Kym
07-08-2012, 1:16pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mary Anne
07-08-2012, 2:01pm
Hello Deb :action66: and Welcome to AP it is fun.. And what a delightful pet you have.
I also love Hounds of all descriptions especially RRB's though dont have any pets at present.
Looking forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

Mathy
07-08-2012, 4:37pm
Thank you all for your very warm welcome :)

rwg717
09-08-2012, 11:06pm
Hello Mathy and hope you enjoy AP:efelant:
Richard

Bennymiata
10-08-2012, 9:57pm
Welcome.

Italian Greyhounds are great dogs.
Must be fun chasing them!

Analog6
11-08-2012, 5:25am
Welcome! I too have alwasy liked Italian greyhounds, if we ever get a suitable home (rent ATM, & next to schol) we'll have one. I agree Safari on the iPad is an absolute pain. Use tour mac at the end of the photo editing sessions.

And you'll find many of us have quite a sense of humour on here, enjoy!

Warren Ackary
11-08-2012, 7:49am
Welcome Mathy!
Loved your introduction... best thus far.. enjoy the forums & CC areas