PDA

View Full Version : New here to site and to AU

EmpireState
01-08-2012, 5:15pm
Hello everyone! I was hoping to find a decent photog site and stumbled upon this one via 'somewhere'? lol. But very happy to find it!
I have just relocated to AU from the US and miss having like minded people who share a passion for "the capture"! I hope to both learn and contribute as I can here. I don't know how much time I will have to access on a regular basis at the moment as we are still getting settled!
One obstacle conquered...jet lag! Now dealing with homesickness and replacing so much furniture that was too heavy to ship! Before I continue rambling...let me sum up with the simple fact that I love all aspects of photography and look forward to viewing this site and the various forums.
"Cheers!" :)

Kym
01-08-2012, 5:27pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

EmpireState
01-08-2012, 5:52pm
Thank you Kym for the welcome! I hope to post some photos as I am around longer and comfortable as well. The rules I read when registering state that one has to have been a member for 30 days or (?) before permitted to post photos. Nice mee

ktoopi
01-08-2012, 5:56pm
Hi Empirestate and welcome to Australia and to Ausphotography! I hope your move went smoothly and that you don't get too homesick:) You will find Ausphotography a very friendly and helpful forum for all levels of photographers. The more you contribute the more you get out of it:) Post some images when you get a chance, I look forward to seeing some in the forums:)

WhoDo
01-08-2012, 6:13pm
Welcome aboard, EmpireState. Anyone who is passionate about photography ... any sort of photography ... will find a home and friends here! :th3:

ricktas
01-08-2012, 6:30pm
Welcome

To answer your question, you can post photos to the forums straight away. Use of the gallery is restricted to those with over 30 days membership and 50 posts. The forums is where we post photos for critique, and the gallery is a free hosting service for active members.

Wayne63
01-08-2012, 8:08pm
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums.

Mary Anne
02-08-2012, 9:24am
Hello :action66: and Welcome to AP and Australia Jet Lag is bad and homesickness is not the best either.
So hop right in and start posting that will help take your mind off some of those things, and it wont take you long to feel at home here :th3:

Mark L
02-08-2012, 9:27pm
Welcome to AU and AP.

mudman
02-08-2012, 9:41pm
welcome to AP and OZ.
what will you be doing in Albury?
a lot of great stuff to shoot along the Murry river.
cheers

selaw
02-08-2012, 10:22pm
Welcome to AP EmpireState & welcome to Oz. Hope to see your work in the cc forums soon:)

rwg717
03-08-2012, 9:58pm
Cheers and welcome to AP......enjoy:efelant:
Richard

unistudent1962
05-08-2012, 5:05pm
Welcome to AP, you'll find the people here are helpful, and honest in their C&C. I look forward to seeing some of your work posted.
Mark

mary13
05-08-2012, 7:56pm
Welcome to AP EmpireState and welcome to Australia.