PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Brisbane

nogi
25-07-2012, 11:35am
NoGi here from Brisbane. I stumbled across this site during my search on whether the MT-24EX would be a perfect mate for my macro lens.

I regard myself as a beginner that’s been on and off photography over the years. My first DSLR was a Olympus E300 which I pretty much used as a point and shoot in auto mode. After 7 years of having the Oly, I finally upgraded to a Canon 60D. It was around the same time I got back into keeping Aquariums again and my 2 hobbies merged into a new love for macro photography – more specifically aquatic macro photography.

My gear consists of:
Canon 60D with single kit lens
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro Lens
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Yongnuo Yn 565ex flash

The macro lens is a recent addition for me, I was in KL a few months ago and came across a price I just couldn’t resist. It’s also my first L lens :). At first I found the lens frustrating to use as I was still using auto mode and at that stage did not have an external flash. It wasn’t until a fellow member of an aquarium forum I belong to came over and gave me a guided tour with my camera/lens and his flash, etc… As a result I bought myself the newer model of the same branded flash. In hindsight, probably should have spent the time researching my flash options as my Yongnuo is chewing through batteries like no tomorrow.

A longwinded introduction but here I am and please excuse any silly/obvious questions from me in future as I push myself to leave the comfort zone of P on my camera dial. I have started to use manual mode but have a long way to go. I hope to draw on the experiences of other macro photographers here.

Kym
25-07-2012, 12:15pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

All questions are welcome

nogi
25-07-2012, 12:22pm
Thanks. I might just do that. I've got some pics up on flickr, can I img tag them directly?

Wayne63
25-07-2012, 12:54pm
Welcome to AP

Mary Anne
25-07-2012, 2:36pm
Hello from Brisbane too.. :D I have the MT-24EX and love it though I am still learning about it..
Dont you use rechargeable batteries for your flash, post on the Canon Forum if you need help
Looking forward to seeing you on the Macro Forum then..

Mark L
25-07-2012, 5:23pm
G;day and welcome NoGi.

I've got some pics up on flickr, can I img tag them directly?
If you haven't found it already, the answer should be here ......http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=How_Do_I:Flickr_:_How_to_link_photos_into_Ausphotography

nogi
25-07-2012, 6:13pm
G;day and welcome NoGi.

If you haven't found it already, the answer should be here ......http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=How_Do_I:Flickr_:_How_to_link_photos_into_Ausphotography

I did thanks. Found the reference in a macro thread. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rwg717
25-07-2012, 9:11pm
Hi nogi and welcome to AP:D
Richard