PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Melbourne

drsonic
19-07-2012, 11:22am
Hi folks,

Where to begin? Well my wife, sick of the poor photos we had of our daughter taken on our Nikon P&S, bought a Nikon D5000 with 18-55 VR kit lens last year while overseas (Easter time), which then spent a good 6 months gathering dust on a shelf. A trip to Korea finally gave me a reason to dust it off, and since then it's been the usual path of adding a few lenses, a speedlight, upgrading to a D7000, a few filters, and now a tripod (yes dear, it's all to get better photos of our daughter!)

Anyway I still consider myself to be a novice. Most of my photos are of our lovely 3 year old, the speedlight has made a big difference for indoor shots of course. I'd love to get into landscape photography too, which will probably mean another lens at some point. Of course being a parent the hard part is finding time but we'll get there eventually.

Looking forward to getting some useful critique on the few keepers I've managed to get so far, glad to finally have found this site!

Mary Anne
19-07-2012, 12:08pm
Hello :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Post some of those keepers in the Forums for cc you will get plenty of help there.

Kym
20-07-2012, 10:56am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!