PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie

Nazz
19-07-2012, 10:09am
Hi there,

I came across this forum whilst looking for information on how to use my camera ! I have a Canon 500D, with the two lenses that came with it. I've had it for about 2 years and haven't ventured off the auto settings. I was a keen SLR user back in the day, and like many others I guess, moved into digital point and shoot mode, which was a great way to get quick quality pics while my kids were growing up.

So now I am venturing back into SLR world. I guess I was and am still, a bit overwhelmed by how the new digital SLR's work. Stating the obvious... it's a lot different to the old SLR days !

I go to a lot of live shows and love to take photos there. I also enjoy macro photography.

Much of my motivation in joining this forum is to learn how to take quality photos at live shows, without using a flash. (The last two shows I went too we were asked to stop taking photos due to the flash... whoopsie ! )

xxdrakexx
19-07-2012, 10:17am
Hi and welcome to AP

Nazz
19-07-2012, 11:08am
Thank you :)

Mary Anne
19-07-2012, 1:23pm
Hello :action66: and Welcome to AP.. You have come to the right place to learn how to get off Auto.
Start by reading whats on this link New To Photography Book And Forum (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book) it may take a while :)
Then get out there take some photos and post them on the Forums and you will get lots of help.. I like macro too.. :efelant:
You will need a fast lens to take indoor photos without the flash thats not my genre though there are plenty of Members here that will give you lots of advice.

Nazz
19-07-2012, 2:02pm
Thanks Mary Ann. That information was very helpful !

Mark L
19-07-2012, 8:20pm
G'day Nazz. No need to suggest you get involved.:th3:
I'm a little like you. Had an SLR that broke. Many years later got a DSLR (a year ago). The thing I like about digital is, apart from the time it takes to process any good photos, it's free. Practice and experiment no longer costs me $$$$$$.

rwg717
19-07-2012, 9:19pm
Cheers Nazz and nice to have you along:)
Richard

Kym
20-07-2012, 11:54am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!