PDA

View Full Version : Howdy AP folk!

Mr Bob
13-07-2012, 4:12pm
Hey Guys n Gals
My name's Ben, from Blue Mountains

I'm particularly interested in photography of cars or anything industrial/technological, but also enjoy landscapes
For some reason, I mostly like working in low light and shallow DOF but haven't managed any good shots yet :)

My wife and I are off to Antarctica in Nov, so I joined up to look for info on camera gear and photography techniques
I doubt I'll get this opportunity again, so i want to improve as much as i can before I go :)

Current gear:
Nikon D60 with 18-55 and 55-200 kit lenses
Also have 50mm 1.8G lens

Skills so far are limited to ISO and shutter speed setting
I have a basic understanding of what aperture does but have only just started playing with it since I got my 50mm prime.
I haven't played with white balance or exposure, but I have recently started to shoot in RAW and can do some simple editing in Adobe Lightroom

Here are some pics I've taken (feel free to critique, i need all the help i can get)

91121 91119

Photophil2010
13-07-2012, 4:23pm
Hi Ben
Welcome to AP, I'm sure if you read some of the articles in the library (on the menu bar at the top of the page) you will be sure to pick up some new skills.
You're photos look good, compositionally, maybe you could increase the contrast and brightness in them as they look a little flat.
Cheers
Phil
@Winmalee

Kym
13-07-2012, 4:30pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

:kewl:

ricktas
13-07-2012, 4:44pm
Welcome to AP.

We cannot critique photos in the introduction forums. So please put them up in the critique forums for that.

See you round the site

Mr Bob
13-07-2012, 5:17pm
Thanks everyone!
Will post some shots in the NTP forum for CC

Wayne63
14-07-2012, 6:26am
Welcome to AP Ben