PDA

View Full Version : Old School Photographer going digital

inasomo
07-07-2012, 4:50pm
Hi everyone.

Just a quick one to introduce myself. My name is Ina and I live in Doncaster, Melbourne. I started photography in 1986 - BD (before digital). So you could call me an 'old school photographer'. In those days I had my own darkroom and spend many hours developing photos. After a loooong break I started all over again. These days it's all so easy with digital cameras and colour printers.
Now I'm tackling Photoshop and thought I might find some helpful tips in the forums of this site. Slowly I am getting back into commercial photography after taking many photos at our local primary school. Maybe I find some inspiration?

Off I go to read some more in the forum.

Cheerio ... Ina

Wayne63
07-07-2012, 5:03pm
Welcome to AP Ina, look forward to seeing some of your photos

I @ M
07-07-2012, 5:31pm
Welcome to AP Ina,
pull up a chair and join in.

ricktas
07-07-2012, 5:38pm
Welcome aboard Ina. See you on the forums (and some of your photos soon too).

Kym
07-07-2012, 5:53pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

If 86 file is old what does 1972 mean?? :D

Kevin M
07-07-2012, 7:14pm
hello there Ina,
this is a great forum hopefully you will enjoy visiting this forum for a long time to come.

Kevin M

Lance B
07-07-2012, 7:17pm
Welcome Ina!

I was an "old school" photographer too, however, I never developed myu own photoss, just shot slide film and loved it.

Once I got the digital bug I was hooked and never looked back and the results from digital far outweigh the results I ever got from film, it is lightyears ahead. It is a STEEP learning curve, but if you get hooked you will enjoy every minute of it.

inasomo
07-07-2012, 7:18pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

If 86 file is old what does 1972 mean?? :D

1972=more experienced :)

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

Mary Anne
07-07-2012, 7:55pm
Hello Ina :action66: and Welcome to AP, you should certainly find what you are looking for on here..

selaw
08-07-2012, 9:36pm
Welcome Ina, you're sure to pick up a stack of new tricks here on AP.