PDA

View Full Version : I love HDR (another newbie)

Michael Anthony
02-07-2012, 5:22pm
Hey everyone.

I recently discovered how to use an SLR camera, always liked taking pretty photos, and now I actually have the camera (Canon EOS 1100D) to do it. Even two months ago I thought that the sound of the camera focusing was of it taking a photo... confusing to say the least, lol.)

Anyway then I took a couple of photography courses, and finally got my head around using a DSLR. I'd already been taking HDR photos with my iPhone, some of which turned out very well, and... yeah.

Just dropping in to say hi because I'm still a newbie really at this, for the most part I just have fun taking HDR photos, touching them up in Photoshop, sometimes going mad and brutally attacking them with Photoshop; a couple of days ago I finally decided to go put them up online.

If bright surreal looking photos are your thing, they're on my site (http://www.michaelanthonyralph.com/). Which is still quite new actually so I haven't actually stuck up a whole lot yet.

But yeah. Hi :)

I @ M
02-07-2012, 5:31pm
Welcome to AP, feel free to post some photos here for critique and in turn offer some for other peoples work.

A hint --- posting links to your site which lead to flikr is a guaranteed way for some to not view them. I went to have a look and it tells me I have to sign in which is kind of hard when I don't have a flikr account -----

ricktas
02-07-2012, 6:58pm
Welcome, and agree with Andrew. To get decent feedback post them on AP. I myself am a fan of natural looking HDR, as the over-cooked does not do a thing for me.

Michael Anthony
02-07-2012, 9:15pm
Welcome to AP, feel free to post some photos here for critique and in turn offer some for other peoples work.

A hint --- posting links to your site which lead to flikr is a guaranteed way for some to not view them. I went to have a look and it tells me I have to sign in which is kind of hard when I don't have a flikr account -----

Welcome, and agree with Andrew. To get decent feedback post them on AP. I myself am a fan of natural looking HDR, as the over-cooked does not do a thing for me.

Flickr was the best I came up with in the hurry to get everything up and running... kind of a rushed job I'd move everything over to a nice clean simple host like imgur but that be a real pain on a tiny laptop. I guess that just gives me more time to read around this place. :)

Kym
02-07-2012, 9:51pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Michael Anthony
02-07-2012, 9:58pm
Also... can anybody suggest anywhere to host images? Probably already lots of advice around here so I'll have a search. Forgot to mention, too... I have a strange obsession with food photography. Love it. Eating it, yeah that too :)

Lastly here's one of the HDR shots I took today, not too overdone, I think I found a nice middle ground with it. Especially with a lot of earlier shots (even as recent as a week ago, I've learned *a lot* in the lat week), I'd either just take a bad shot, screw something up, or just go and photoshop it 'till the poor thing cried for mercy.

http://i.imgur.com/NKuFr.jpg

rwg717
02-07-2012, 10:55pm
Hi Michael and welcome to AP:D
Richard

ricktas
03-07-2012, 6:45am
Flickr is fine : Have a look in the LIBRARY: HOW DO I section for an article on linking from Flickr (to meet the Flicker T&C for linking to other sites)