PDA

View Full Version : G'day from a lost country chick!

Kurrawinya
30-06-2012, 9:59pm
Hiya all!

Hmm, I'm very very new and green here (first post of course!) so finding my feet and learning what I can!
I used to be on forums when I was younger (model horse ones lol, intro the mega cringe now!) so it's interesting to see how much I can remember!!

I'm a novice photographer, and in my early 20's have a lot to learn and am keen to do so! I first picked up a camera as a little kid (and ran off with it with mum hot on my tail) and have been taking pictures of the things I fancy most ever since!

I lack a lot on the technical side and do pretty much everything against the rules - my favorite shots have been taken out the back of a ute while flying up a dirt track or off the back of a horse while droving!

My wepon of choice is the good 'ol entry level 12mp DLSR Pentax k-x and it's stock-standard lenses - having recently relocated from SA to QLD, the expense of a big move to a new property dictates that I live in poverty for a while so this is as good as my gear is going to get for a LONG time! lol!
My subjects of top priority to point that lil pentax at are usually horses and pretty much anything "Rural", as you've probably gathered, I'm born and bred on the land, so it's a bit of a soft spot!

I've been a little more serious about taking photos since joining Redbubble.com a year or two ago, I'm rather time poor so unfortunately am not as active on there as I'd like to be! I'm guessing I'll only be getting on here on saturday nights as well but oh well! I'll be putting in and getting on here when I can!

I originally came accross this site while looking for photos of myself competing at kumbia campdraft this year - if anybody knows of any, give me a hoy! I'd very much like to track them down!

umm, anyways, I think that's about it for now, just off the top of my head! if you've read this far, then thank you! I appreciate it!

Cheers,
Penny
ps, how cool are the smilies here!!! :efelant:

ricktas
30-06-2012, 10:13pm
Welcome to AP Penny. See you on the forums

Kurrawinya
30-06-2012, 10:22pm
Cheers! Thanks Rick!

Kym
30-06-2012, 10:26pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Kurrawinya
30-06-2012, 10:27pm
Thank you Kym, Will see how I go lol!

Mark L
30-06-2012, 10:48pm
G'day Penny.
Hope you enjoy AP and end up hanging around here a little. It will help your photography and help me see some photos of places I'm unlikely to visit.( assuming you'll post some photos to look at. Here's an easy place to start ...http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?177-New-to-Photography-CC-%28Beginners%29)

ps, how cool are the smilies here!!! :efelant:

Pretty cool :):D:efelant::D:):confused013:confused013:confused013:cool::cool:

Kurrawinya
30-06-2012, 10:52pm
Cheers, Thanks Mark! oh I'm quicky becoming addicted so hope to post a few snaps soon, just been practicing then lol!

Mary Anne
30-06-2012, 10:54pm
Hello Penny :action66: and Welcome to AP..
Rural and Horses are great though I am a tad shy of anything taller than me so I guess that's why I love Spiders :D
So I will look forward to seeing what you post on the Pets/Domestic/Zoo Forum :efelant: We all like the smiles on here :banana:

Kurrawinya
30-06-2012, 11:51pm
Thank you Mary Anne :) I can't blame you for being keen on spiders! at least they take a smaller chunk when they have a bite!

Wayne63
01-07-2012, 6:21am
Welcome to AP Penny and look forward to seeing some of your pics soon

selaw
01-07-2012, 3:43pm
Welcome to AP Penny. I can imagine shots through dusty rays of setting sunlight across a herd of droving cattle and their drovers.

Speedway
01-07-2012, 4:50pm
Welcome aboard Penny, look forward to your contributions. :gday:
Cheers
Keith.

Kurrawinya
01-07-2012, 7:28pm
Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm totally loving the atmostphere here! and yep, Roy, got a few of those stashed away :)

Ezookiel
01-07-2012, 8:42pm
G'Day Penny. You'll find this a great place to learn. I'm quite new to it all myself, but have gained so much from the helpful people here.
Dive right in, and don't be afraid to put up images, the constructive critique you'll receive genuinely is constructive.
Look forward to seeing some of your shots.

Kurrawinya
01-07-2012, 8:49pm
Cheers, thank you :) yep, I'm keen as to get in boots and all!