PDA

View Full Version : Flying with camera gear

beachhead
29-06-2012, 5:31am
Hi there guys I am off to Perth flying on Jetstar just wondering if it's ok to take my gear on the plane in the overhead .Well they allow that considering there is glass in there.

bhoran
29-06-2012, 6:30am
Best to check with airline

Feg
29-06-2012, 7:51am
Better check I reckon too.If you had canon gear that would be ok cause they have plastic lenses.HaHa.

GJC
29-06-2012, 8:26am
I've never travelled with JetStar, but I've never had a problem on any other airline.

I @ M
29-06-2012, 8:26am
Never thought about it before but we have never been asked about camera gear or had carry on luggage searched other than going through the normal airport scanners for both domestic and international flights and we always take camera gear as carry on luggage.

Tommo1965
29-06-2012, 8:33am
same as Andrew..Ive flown many many miles and never once been asked about me camera gear..and yes I always take it on board as cabin luggage...you cant take and sharps or any fluids over 100mm

Black Dog
29-06-2012, 10:03am
Never had a problem other than my bag being over weight…. I took out my Camera with batt grip, stuck my heaviest lens on it. Put the camera around my neck and reweighed the camera bag. It's ridiculous but that was an acceptable way around.

Tommo1965
29-06-2012, 2:25pm
Never had a problem other than my bag being over weight…. I took out my Camera with batt grip, stuck my heaviest lens on it. Put the camera around my neck and reweighed the camera bag. It's ridiculous but that was an acceptable way around.

not really..because its all about what weight the overhead lockers can bear ..not just about the added weight to the aircraft

outstar79
29-06-2012, 7:55pm
Never flown Jetstar but I'm FIFO and have never been questioned about my camera gear other than what brand/type it is ;)
Even have my tripod as carry-on