PDA

View Full Version : Surprise!

JoPho
29-06-2012, 2:23am
The surprise is...there is no surprise. It's yet another beginning newbie.
If you are reading on you are very kind.
If my sense of humour is juvenile, it's probably because I'm a primary teacher. Come to think of it, the kids don't think I'm funny either.
I do try.

I live in Mandurah, which is a bit south of Perth, WA. I will happily photograph anything, but mostly enjoy hanging out with nature. Sometimes I think I just use photography as an excuse to leave home in the dark to check out sunrises, birds and cows.

I was bought my first second hand DSLR about 6 week ago. I did take a lot of photos with my point and shoot before this but now I am a mad keen photographer, however my aspirations are far higher than my results. Although I do appreciate that recognising my lack of brilliance is actually a step forward.

From what I've read about ausphotography, hanging here will help narrow the gap.
I do look forward to meeting new members and sharing inspiration, although it may be a bit one way at first.:o

May the sunrises be long and golden where you are.
Jo

ricktas
29-06-2012, 5:52am
welcome to AP Jo, pull up a chair and join in, its the best way to make the most of what we have on offer

Wayne63
29-06-2012, 6:50am
Welcome to AP Jo, join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics soon

Mark L
29-06-2012, 8:21am
Hello Jo.

Kym
29-06-2012, 8:55am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Staying active is easy and fun, just post an image for CC once a fortnight and
post 2 or 3 CC comments to other images in the same fortnight.

supatt
29-06-2012, 11:42am
hi there!

bxaftw
29-06-2012, 12:52pm
welcome

Mary Anne
29-06-2012, 1:13pm
Hello Jo :action66: and Welcome to AP.. You picked the best place to learn and the Sun was shining on you when you joined up :)

You wrote **although it may be a bit one way at first**
OK so you dont have the expertise to cc that I can understand, though there is nothing stopping you from replying to a post you like.
You can write that you like the composition then there is the colours even the sharpness, and the great detail, perhaps its a delightful scene.. Go for it.. :D
And I will look forward to seeing what you post on the Nature Forums also..

JoPho
29-06-2012, 6:40pm
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Looks like a great place to learn and share.

rwg717
29-06-2012, 9:07pm
Welcome to AP Jo, nice to have you along:D
Richard

Shelley
29-06-2012, 10:40pm
Hi Jo - I can be found around Mandurah before the sun rise - chasing them birds.... Welcome to this forum, its a great learning spot.

chezza
03-07-2012, 5:42pm
Hi Jo, welcome and enjoy yourself