PDA

View Full Version : New member ACT

Snpsht
21-06-2012, 4:56pm
Hi all
After much research and holding of cameras I bought my Pentax K-5 this afternoon. It is my first DSLR so I am very excited (and frustrated that the battery takes sooo looooooong to charge).

This was the one I felt most comfortable holding (the many others felt too big, too heavy or unbalanced in my hands or I just couldn't seem to grip them properly) and so decided that feeling comfortable holding the camera was probably about the best place for me to start! Plus, apparently it is a pretty decent camera in competent hands and I aim to develop such hands. I have put a little smc Pentax DA 18-55 on it to start.... that's the only lens I have so far....I do hope it is a nice lens. More will come as needs and funds permit.

I am hoping to learn heaps here and perhaps one day to share a few pics.

My main interests are landscape and nature, but who knows, that may change as I seem to be noticing some very interesting faces lately.

regards
Kim

ameerat42
21-06-2012, 5:16pm
Hi Kim. Welcome to AP and hope to see some snpshts soon.
Am.

Kym
21-06-2012, 7:10pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
21-06-2012, 7:22pm
Welcome to AP. Nice bit of kit you chose. Hope you learn from us, and we get to see your photos soon.

Ezookiel
21-06-2012, 9:23pm
Woohoo. Another ACT member. I'll feel a lot less alone here now ;)
You'll have plenty of scope for landscape photography around the ACT.
They're a great bunch here, you'll find this is a great place to develop your skills.
I look forward to seeing your shots.

rwg717
21-06-2012, 9:49pm
Hi Kim and welcome to AP.....enjoy:efelant:
Richard

Wayne63
22-06-2012, 6:44am
Welcome to AP Kim, join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics soon

Snpsht
23-06-2012, 8:34pm
thanks all for the warm welcome!

Once I learn to take pics, I'll certainly upload some!

Hope tot catch up with the locals some time

Nicole71
25-06-2012, 9:40pm
Welcome Kim, I'm also in Canberra :). I wonder how many of us there are here now?

Nicole

thrtytwo
25-06-2012, 10:10pm
welcome! enjoy your pentax :D great cameras!