PDA

View Full Version : I have managed to regain my mojo...

mkooper
20-06-2012, 2:43pm
After a significant time away I'm come back to photography after having lost my mojo. I hope to get reinspired and am looking forward to getting involved again and chatting to people.

I have never been one to go all-out, as I have several hobbies and while I try to merge them where I can, at times other hobbies just demand more attention. What I need to learn is to be quicker about the photos I want to edit and ignore the ones I don't want to edit. I can literally spend hours going through photos one at the time and editing each one. This has me sitting behind my computer for way too long. Any hints on how to be mroe brutal in the selection processes? Does anyone suffer the same symptoms as me?

Thanks!

ricktas
20-06-2012, 3:05pm
Welcome back. The best way I know to be brutal is to flick through the photos reasonably quickly and any that are under/over exposed, blurry etc, just delete them. Then go back for round two, where you can study the ones left in more detail

Chinook
20-06-2012, 3:22pm
Welcome back. I would agree with Rick. I went through this the other day myself. My computer was full of pics & my external hard drive was close to capacity.:angry0:

I went through them again and again and finally manged to just keep hitting the delete key. I think as just a hobiest at photography I have many shots I had kept for keepsake just because I liked them. Would i ever get them printed? No! Would I hang them on the wall? No! Put in a photo book? No! I have kept what I think may be used in comps or the ones that really mean so much to me I just do not want to loose them.

I love digital but I used to have so many pics in albums to show around where now they are sitting filling up my computer. Good luck & sorry to ramble on.:):th3:

ricktas
20-06-2012, 5:05pm
Oh.. and photographers lose their 'Phojo', not their mojo. :lol:

Kym
20-06-2012, 7:06pm
:gday: & Welcome Back
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Staying active is easy and fun, just post an image for CC once a fortnight and
post 2 or 3 CC comments to other images in the same fortnight.

George Edwards
20-06-2012, 7:15pm
I flick through, and if it isn't sharp, reasonable exposure and either a) jumps out at me or b) a very rare opportunity/shot, I just ignore it. Only the best few get edited, the rest go on the external hard drive just in case I want them later.
I don't bother unless it's one of the best from the day, I only edit a handful each time.