PDA

View Full Version : Err gday

dobster
18-06-2012, 6:53pm
Hi, just posting to reactivate my account.
My current interest in photography is to illustrate a guidebook I am writing. The guidebook is for rockclimbers and describes climbs at various cliffs around Sydney. The photographic challenge is to capture as much of the cliff as possible so individual climbs can be marked in using photo enhancement software. Depending on the topography and vegetation around the cliff this is quite a challenge. Wide angle obviously but too much and the image is distorted to the point it confuses the reader who is usually standing in front of the cliff comparing the image with the real thing. This is a hobby so I dont have a big budget for professional cameras to do the job e.g. the sort that pros might photograph tall office buildings.
Cheers,
Dobster

Mark L
18-06-2012, 8:38pm
Sounds seriously interesting.
Bet some photos you take look interesting also (hint). :)

ricktas
18-06-2012, 8:44pm
Welcome aboard. The best way to improve your photography is to start posting some of it to the critique forums and applying the advice you get. See you on the forums

Kym
18-06-2012, 9:07pm
:gday: & Welcome Back
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Staying active is easy and fun, just post an image for CC once a fortnight and
post 2 or 3 CC comments to other images in the same fortnight.