PDA

View Full Version : Starting at the beginning...

Evie
16-06-2012, 1:27am
Hi Everyone,
I am starting out as a complete novice. I have always admired and sought out good photography but was never very good at taking my own photos with the crappy cameras I always had. I always craved my own SLR camera but never thought I would get one. Finally for my birthday this year I bit the bullet and made hubby buy me my first SLR camera. Haha
I have a Nikon D5100 with 18-55mm and 55-300mm lenses. I have had it since the start of May and I still have a LOT to learn about my camera but even more to learn about photography. I am looking forward to what i can learn from this fabulous looking website and from other more experienced photographers.
I welcome any help and any advice..
Thank you :)
Evie

Lantern
16-06-2012, 5:56am
Hi and welcome to AP.

Read some of the posts in the library section, ask lots of questions, submit photos for critique :th3: (special beginners section) but most importantly, get out and shoot. Like my mum used to say 'practice makes perfect'.

Wayne63
16-06-2012, 6:39am
Welcome to AP Evie, join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics soon

ricktas
16-06-2012, 7:36am
welcome to AP Elvie. join in, its the best way to learn

Kym
16-06-2012, 8:24am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Warren Ackary
17-06-2012, 9:40am
Hi Evie.. welcome to AP... you will learn alot on here and dont be worried about posting pictures for critique.

"Happy snapping" :th3:

WhoDo
17-06-2012, 10:53am
Welcome aboard, Evie! You did good with the gear so now all you need is to share your vision. Start posting in the New to Photography area and the CC will be positive and welcoming. When you feel you can handle more direct CC then start posting in the main forums. Read others CC, look at the images through their eyes and you will be well on your way to an addictive passion we all share around here. :th3:

selaw
17-06-2012, 3:03pm
Welcome aboard Evie. You've come to a great place to learn new skills and have a lot of fun along the way :)