PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Photographer from Tassie

fishographer
12-06-2012, 9:55am
Hi Guys,

new to the forum but hope to regularly contribute.

Have been into photography in a hobby way for a few years with 90% of what I do covering fishing but have never really progressed and have always been a tad dissapointed with my work, have moved from a Fuji happy snapper to a Canon 400D DSLR a few years ago and have just passed that on for a new Canon 7D recently and a few new lenses, have an older Sigma 17-70 F2.8-5.6, a Canon 50mm F1.4 prime and a Tokina 11-16 F2.8 that was recommended as a top lens for HD video work as well as stills, also have a couple of GoPro HD Hero2's which I use for a bit of video and underwater shots.

I regularly do articles for fishing magazines and while my written content is fine my images are a bit lackluster, I have been looking into some photography courses but as I live in a regional area in Tasmania the only options are online and will not have the personal touch so I am hoping to join a forum such as this and seek some help in my en devours to become a better quality photographer.

I have been browsing through a few threads and am thoroughly enjoying the community so far.

cheers
Jamie

ricktas
12-06-2012, 10:57am
Welcome to AP Jamie. Enjoy the site. I grew up on the East Coast of Tassie, You are in a great place for fishing. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

BigBear
12-06-2012, 11:20am
G'day Jamie. I'm also a keen fisho but dont get the chance to do it that often these days. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Wayne63
12-06-2012, 12:12pm
Welcome to AP Jamie, join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics.

Kym
12-06-2012, 4:00pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ving
12-06-2012, 4:26pm
oh excellent! cant wait to see some fishing photos!