PDA

View Full Version : Hello, from Sydney!

AVALANCHE
05-06-2012, 11:52pm
Hi all,

My name is Aaron, been into dSLR photography for 6 months now and really enjoying it.

Did a short course on Photography which I found somewhat useful though most of my knowledge has come from just fiddling around with the camera and pushing buttons and settings to see what happens and reading up lots online/books.

I love shooting still life, nature and candid the most so far. I have done a handful of Weddings already (assisting/candid) and did another one last Saturday night at Curzon Hall as an Assistant which was a long day (15+ hour day) and although I wasn't paid for it I got a lot of knowledge from it, so I found that alone quite invaluable.

Anyways, I'm going to poke around the forum and see what it is all about here.

Hope to talk to some of you more soon.

Regards,

Aaron

Mary Anne
06-06-2012, 12:18am
Hello Aaron :action66: and Welcome to AP You have certainly crammed a lot into your six months of owning a DSLR camera
Thats a great way to learn by pushing buttons and fiddling with settings that is how I taught myself also.
Mind you I have learnt a lot since I have joined AP, same as you will so start posting your photos in the Forums to get some cc.

Wayne63
06-06-2012, 6:34am
Welcome to AP Aaron, join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics.

ricktas
06-06-2012, 6:54am
Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos soon

Kym
06-06-2012, 8:58am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Warren Ackary
06-06-2012, 3:47pm
WElcome to AP Aaron
Im new too and what is to be learnt on here is great, look forward tp seeing your pictures & reading your posts:th3::th3:

Danielle10
06-06-2012, 7:58pm
Hi there welcome!
Post some pics we'd love to see.
I'm a "press buttons and hope for the best too" it seems to be working for me lol

You'll learn lots here :)

AVALANCHE
07-06-2012, 12:31am
Thank you for the warm reception all, I will be posting photos in a few minutes in a different thread in the cc section.

rwg717
07-06-2012, 9:32pm
Nice to welcome you to AP, Aaron, enjoy:D
Richard