PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Perth, Western Australia

tubedriver
31-05-2012, 10:40am
Hi Everyone,

I have just joined and thought that I should write a few lines introducing myself.

I am 51 years old, married with one 13 year old son.

I presently live in Perth, Western Australia. I moved here about 3 years ago, after being reluctantly transferred from Tasmania. I have also lived in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney along with various places throughout Papua New Guinea.

I work as an airline pilot (A320 Captain) which takes me to quite a few places throughout South East Asia.

After family, my real love is photography - especially landscape photography. I have been taking photos for about 8 years now (sometimes on and off) and made the move to micro 4/3 just over a year ago.

I find Perth, particularly hard with regard to finding places to photograph that will suit someone into landscape photography. This is why in my last paragraph I said, "sometimes on and off". Until recently, I hadn't taken a photo for about 2 years!

This had to change - life is just too short.

I plan to broaden my horizons from just landscapes and move into macro, b/w etc.

Anyway, enough rambling form me.

I plan to be a regular around here and look forward to getting to know you all.

Regards,

PS. I chose tubedriver as my member name because I am.

Shaun.

Wayne63
31-05-2012, 12:08pm
Welcome to AP Shaun, join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics.

Kym
31-05-2012, 12:22pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

peterking
31-05-2012, 10:14pm
Hello Shaun and welcome.
Yes Perth itself is not very good for Landscape but a half hours drive from you is a huge array of possibilities.
What do you prefer. Nature, farming, hills, sand? Lots of options if you ask the locals.
PM me if want.

jollie
03-06-2012, 9:13am
Welcome to Ap Tubedriver, Peter I'd be interested in hearing about where some of these locations are if you have a chance??

gbamber
03-06-2012, 10:05am
@ Tubedriver @ jollie (sorry don't know how to multi quote)
BTW tube driver welcome & keep concentrating whilst at work, don't be thinking about your next photo trip will you? ;-)

Farm land - Harvey 1 hour south - Donnybrook - Balingup 3 hours south

Timber Dwellingup 1/2 hour south Manjimup - Pemberton - Nannup 3 hours south

Hills Bullsbrook 1/2 hour north Chittering Valley, bit further north - Toodyay heading Nth East - back way from Toodyay to Northam (narrow road great drive with the top down) Back to Perth thru Avon Valley Mundaring Kalamunda past Mundaring weir. This is a great drive BTW, stop for lunch anywhere along the way, keeps the other 1/2 happy.

Sand Pinnacles 1 hour north

Coastal... ... well anywhere really, but you could get sick of that. :-)