PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new, please be gentle

newb
30-05-2012, 10:23pm
Hello,

As you can guess from the userid, I'm new here.

I'm keen to get into the exciting world of SLR photography, the old point & shoot just doesn't cut it anymore. I've still got my first digital camera (1999 Sony with a very nice Zeiss lens) and a 2009 Panasonic Lumix.

My photography interest is mainly buildings/architecture, landscapes and other mostly inanimate objects. Living in Melbourne it would be great to have a crack at sports photography too, but I think that I'll stick to things a little less mobile first.

The SLR purchase will happen in the next month or so, current thinking is Canon 600d, Canon 15-85mm and Canon 10-22mm. I'd love to get some Zeiss glass too but I that will have to wait until I'm ready for it.

That's probably enough about me for now :)

fess67
31-05-2012, 12:14am
Welcome to AusPhotography. You will find lots here. some will excite you, some will bore you, some will make you laugh and some will make you mad. Hell, you got it all here :) Look forward to seeing your shots.

ricktas
31-05-2012, 6:08am
Welcome aboard. see you on the forums

Wayne63
31-05-2012, 6:59am
Welcome to AP, join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics.

Mary Anne
31-05-2012, 9:32am
Hello there :action66: and Welcome to AP Looking forward to seeing what you shoot with that new camera and lens when you get them..

Kym
31-05-2012, 12:22pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!