PDA

View Full Version : Hellooooo from Bec

MissB
27-05-2012, 6:22pm
I wanted to say a quick hi to everyone and introduce myself. My name is Bec and I'm from the Toowoomba area in South East Queensland. I have a little photography business which I started when I fell into sports photography about two years ago. I'm at the point where I have people asking me for portraits and I just don't feel like I can bluff my way through a shoot any more. Especially when people want to PAY me money for my photos. I want to learn more, I want to feel confident that I can produce amazing photographs. Anything outside of action shots makes me nervous. (I looooove sports photography)

I happened to stumble across this forum while I was researching a photography assignment and I feel like perhaps I have found a group of people who are willing to share advice and encourage me in my journey. I am keen to learn and I'm open to constructive criticism. I really just want to be the very best I can be and make a great name for myself as a photographer.

ricktas
27-05-2012, 6:29pm
Welcome to AP, see you on the forums

WhoDo
27-05-2012, 6:30pm
Hi Bec. Welcome to the funny farm! Looking forward to seeing some samples of your work in the main forums so we can help where possible. There is no such thing as a "comfort zone" around here 'cause people keep pushing you out of any you think you've found. First stop should be the "How Do I" section of the Library (top of page) so you know how to get around here. Then hold onto your hat and don't take anything personally. :D

MissB
27-05-2012, 6:37pm
Thank you Rick :)

MissB
27-05-2012, 6:39pm
Waz, thank you!! I LOVE my comfort zone, but I know that if I want to improve I need to be pushed out of it. I definitely won't take anything personally, criticism is the only way I can learn.

Mark L
27-05-2012, 7:12pm
Welcome Bec,
hellooooo alsooooo.

41jas
27-05-2012, 7:35pm
Welcome Bec...enjoy the place.

Ian
27-05-2012, 8:24pm
Hi Bec, welcome aboard, their are a good crew here, there is a few of us from the downs floating around here. pull up a chair, join in and have fun. watch the AP meet-up thread for possible meet-ups in the Qld section. :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

Wayne63
28-05-2012, 9:42am
Welcome to AP Bec, join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics.

jupiter618
28-05-2012, 9:48am
Hi Bec. Nice name, my wife is a Bec also. :)

Can you list the gear you've got, favourites and what you like to use for what purposes?

ving
28-05-2012, 9:58am
g'day bec. welcome aboard :th3:

Kym
28-05-2012, 5:39pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!