PDA

View Full Version : Raw

wheellathe
27-05-2012, 12:50pm
Last night I switched my D7000 to RAW by mistake, the problem is I cant open the files using elements 10, It tells me it cant open it because its the wrong type of file any ideas would be greatlly appreciated . Cheers

arthurking83
27-05-2012, 1:06pm
You will need to update PS's Adobe Camera Raw(ACR) version to a later version.

Alternative is to open the raw file in Nikon's ViewNX2, and then use this programs 'Open With...' feature to open the file in Elements.

WhoDo
27-05-2012, 1:32pm
Last night I switched my D7000 to RAW by mistake
That's the best "mistake" you'll ever make, mate. PSE10 is fine as long as you follow Arthur's advice on updating ACR for the later format. It's a free download from Adobe. In your PSE10 go to Help>Updates to check for the new ACR version. Then you'll realise just how much more freedom you have in editing without losing detail like you would with JPG.

ameerat42
27-05-2012, 2:54pm
Yes. Congratulations on your fallibilty.:D

wheellathe
01-06-2012, 10:22am
Thanks for all your advise, I've downloaded the latest version of ACR but still no joy . Im obviosly doing something wrong.

ameerat42
01-06-2012, 11:06am
Thanks for all your advise, I've downloaded the latest version of ACR but still no joy . Im obviosly doing something wrong.

Hmm! I wonder what?
I downloaded it for the now removed CS6 trial and found it to be OK.
Am.

fillum
01-06-2012, 11:53am
Is there an installation step required after download, and if so did you run it? (Been a while since I've done this). Somewhere in the PSElements Help menu you should be able to check what version of ACR is being used - check that it is showing the latest version.

Cheers.