PDA

View Full Version : Another absentee back again...

Hartley
23-05-2012, 10:22pm
Hi All,
I'm back - like many others, life got in the way...
I've developed a increased interest in macro photography of fungi (joined the fungi sub-group of the Field Naturalists Group of Victoria) and the other half bought us a Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro lens for our 40th birthdays this year :) so I think I'd better start improving!
And since I am now taking the train to work and found a good forum reader (ForumRunner) for my ipad, I may be able to keep up with the forum posting requirements this time round :o

I think I've managed to attach a photo (I just grabbed one from a recent excursion) - this was taken with the Canon 5D and the 65mm at 5:1 zoom with a Canon Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX Flash, hand-held unless you count resting my hand on the log and the lens on my fingers :) I realise that this shot has a very narrow depth of field and this 'problem' is something I'm hoping to work on. Not always a problem but I still want more flexibility etc. preferably without the limitations of a tripod.

Anyways, I'm starting to babble now, must be bedtime.
Regards,
Hartley
P.S.This fungi is Scutellinia scutellata I'm told, for those interested.

Kym
23-05-2012, 10:26pm
:gday: & Welcome Back
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
24-05-2012, 6:27am
Welcome back, we cannot critique photos posting in the intro forums, so join in, get into the critique forums and see you posting soon.

Pup
24-05-2012, 2:51pm
Welcome back to AP mate. Interesting photo. Looking forward to seeing more.