PDA

View Full Version : Dingoes

Dingosimon
18-05-2012, 11:39pm
Gidday guys, just testing the water here. I have been living with dingoes for about 17 years and cattle dogs for 35 years. Have travelled around the country a bit and prefer the bush everytime over the city, I just cant seem to breathe in the city. Have now settled in Qld and have the only private dingo sanctuary here. I get frustrated by the continuous negative media publicity about the dingo. I have recently bought a still camera to record some shots so I hope I might learn a thing or 3 on this site. Hooroo Simon

BillB
19-05-2012, 5:21am
Welcome Simon! I look forward to seeing some pics of the dingoes. You will learn alot here.

Wayne63
19-05-2012, 6:41am
Welcome to AP Simon, join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics.

ricktas
19-05-2012, 8:16am
Welcome aboard, we have a member here who has a pet dingo already (though the gorgeous Suzi is probably getting very elderly now - Suzi being the dingo not the human AP member).

Looking forward to seeing some of your photos soon

Ionica
19-05-2012, 9:00am
Welcome. I recently saw a dingo off the Bells Line of Road in the Blue Mountains - a beautiful, healthy animal - and it was a perfect end to the day. Would be interested in seeing some photos of your animals.

Kym
19-05-2012, 9:32am
:gday: & Welcome Back
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
19-05-2012, 7:56pm
G'day Simon. I reckon most Australian wildlife is undervalued.
Anyway, if you're not happy with the shots you're recording,then there's plenty of good advise to be had here.
Reckon you could probably post some photos of outback QLD scenery also. :)

Dingosimon
19-05-2012, 8:03pm
Thanks Mark. The problem I have at the moment are that my photo's are about 2mb and trying to reduce them for this site. I uploaded 4 photo's before but were told they were too big.

Mark L
19-05-2012, 8:39pm
^ Okay. So you need to resize your photos. I 'spose a starting point is what camera and software do you use to view you photos?

Nanny
19-05-2012, 8:42pm
Welcome Simon

Dingosimon
19-05-2012, 10:58pm
Ok here goes, 1st photo submission. Eastern Brown Snake.
I have a red cattle dog called Yothu, and he is very sensitive to snakes, so as soon as he hears or smells them he calls out to me. All my cattle dogs want to kill anything that moves but my dingoes are very wary and just keep out of range.
Anyway, this eastern brown was caught in black netting I use to keep the king parrots out of my fruit trees.
Because it was caught I was able to take those photo's from about 200mm away.

Dingosimon
19-05-2012, 11:16pm
89244DJ is an 8 mth old dingo pup I bred ( she is on the log ) Kirra is a wild dingo I rescued.
They are both pure and have been DNA'd for purity.
Many people see dingoes in the wild and assume they are pure, most times they are hybrids so it can be deceiving.

Allie
20-05-2012, 12:34am
When I lived in Emerald VIC, I met some people with a dingo they got from Bruce Jacobs a few years before he died - they also had a red kelpie and a red heeler - the coat on the dingo was so soft and luxurious - she was very sweet natured too! Thanks for sharing these photos - I'm just grateful you are doing what you are to save the Dingo.

Dingosimon
20-05-2012, 12:11pm
Gidday Allie, Bruce was a mate of mine. I bought my 1st dingo ( a white one ) from him about 18 years ago. It was because of Bruce's passion and dedication to dingoes that got me involved. Sadly he died in 2003. Tehree Gordon has bought his dingo farm and closed it off to the public until she has rebuilt the place.
Hooroo, Simon

Kel
20-05-2012, 2:13pm
Welcome look forward to seeing more of your work around the forum

ricktas
20-05-2012, 4:54pm
Here you go Dingoman:

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?67455-The-Australian-Dingo-Canis-lupus-ssp-dingo&highlight=dingo
http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?74264-Startled&highlight=dingo

Dingosimon
20-05-2012, 5:33pm
Thanks Rickman, they certainly were very beautiful photo's