PDA

View Full Version : Large Lens Cleaning Cloths

Birdman
09-05-2012, 2:48pm
Anyone know where I can get large lens cleaning cloths from?. The camera shops have small ones and the ones I have a fairly small maybe 10cm square, I would prefer some larger ones for when filters get a lot of sea spray on them and need a clean, a small cloth doesn't really cut it.

Thanks

Bennymiata
09-05-2012, 9:33pm
Go to an optometrist shop and ask them.
They have large, microfibre cloths and they are much cheaper than getting them from a camera shop.

I got some that I can almost wrap around my Canon 60D for about $10.

I use them for my lenses and they seem to do a pretty good job, and they are nice and soft too, as they are made to clean plastic lenses without scratching.

ricktas
10-05-2012, 6:57am
Go to Harvey Norman etc and look for TV cleaners. They often have a 'kit' on special with a cleaning solution and cleaning cloth. My cloth is about 30x30 cm

Birdman
10-05-2012, 10:48am
Thanks guys I will check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William
10-05-2012, 11:04am
Quote Birdman : I would prefer some larger ones for when filters get a lot of sea spray on them and need a clean

Birdman I find if you get salt spray on your filters no Micro cleaning cloth works :( They dont seem to soak up the moisture associated with the spray/Mist , You end up with smudges which leads to flaring if doing Sunrises , A soft, Note soft, Pure cotton cloth (Old T-Shirt) works really well , Then when home clean them in lukewarm soapy water and dry ;) Works for me and I have no scratches at all