PDA

View Full Version : G'day from the Gold Coast (Live Music/ Surfing photog)

gerryrocks
04-05-2012, 7:53pm
G'day fellow photogs, I'm Gerry

Formerly from Brisbane, now based on the Gold Coast. I just stumbled on this site, so what a nice stumble :)

I'm primarily a live music, surfing photographer. However I also have interests in long exposure, portraiture & basically all other forms (with exception of weddings haha). I've photographed Grammy award winning band Muse in USA,that's probably my proudest achievement,having directly approached the band,being on first name basis with their tour manager. My most satisifying moments have been capturing 2 child ghosts, both of whom are known to me. If you'd like to see them just check out my facebook page below there's an album of them, plus the background behind how it happened. It still blows my mind :D

I'm currently in the process of rebuilding my website. I'm hoping you kind folk might offer some suggestions. My original site had outgrown itself (quite basic) and I'm looking for a more slick looking site with the ability to be able to sell my work using E Commerce. I've had my eye on using *removed : please read the sites rules, in particular rules 3-7* don't seem to be as accomodating for us Aussies. Can anyone suggest other good themes / good E commerce related for Australia??

Thanks heaps, hope you enjoy my work, perhaps like my page.

Rock On!

Gerry

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gerry-Rocks-Photography/283207171713624

ricktas
04-05-2012, 8:06pm
Welcome to AP. You will find that most members here don't generally 'like' facebook pages when asked, unless they do actually really like the work being shown.

Hope we get to see some of your work being shown on the critique forums soon

Mary Anne
04-05-2012, 8:20pm
Hello Gerry :action66: and Welcome to AP.. I am not into Facebook so I will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums..

Brettwells
04-05-2012, 8:47pm
Hi Gerry, I'm new here also. I checked out your FB page, man that Zombie walk looks pretty amazing!

Brett

Kym
04-05-2012, 8:48pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Wayne63
05-05-2012, 7:15am
Welcome to AP Gerry, join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics.

Analog6
05-05-2012, 7:26am
Hi Gerry & welcome

We GCers often have photo meetups, keep an eye on the forum area for that. Re website hosting, you might try Photomerchant, which is Australian based and lets you have their automatic eCommerce (they do all the developing, mail out etc and send you the $ for the margin you set) or set up your own arrangements. Click on my website link (in my siggie) to see it, there is a link to the main site at the bottom of the website pages

Danielle10
05-05-2012, 9:28am
Hi Gerry,
I too love live music photography. Had a quick look at your page- pretty cool stuff there. My proudest shots are of the Angels and Mi-Sex.
I would love to shoot more, it's just getting a foot in the door.
Look forward to seeing more of your work