PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into Photography

znelbok
02-05-2012, 12:28pm
Hi all.

Got re-bitten by the photo bug again. After doing a cruise recently and with another one comming up later this year from Hawaii, I am keen to get the most out of my camera whiel I am there.

Still using a D80 which at my level I can't find a reason to replace other than it does not do video (great for capturing those moments with the kids). Trying to convince myself on a D7000 (well the bank balance anyway - I'm sold on the camera).

Looking forward to reading lots from here - I don't think I can contribute much though.

Mick

Wayne63
02-05-2012, 1:19pm
Welcome Back Mick, to stay active join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics.

Terri
02-05-2012, 6:46pm
Welcome back Mick. I'm also hoping to be re-bitten by the photography bug :D

I used to have a D80 - great camera :)

Welcome!

Kym
02-05-2012, 7:14pm
:gday: & Welcome Back
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
02-05-2012, 10:00pm
G'day Mick. Wish my better half would consider a cruise or two.

......- I don't think I can contribute much though.

Yeah you can. Post an exotic photo or two of your last cruise. Someone may even give you a tip on how to get a better take next time!
Go on.

znelbok
05-05-2012, 7:46am
Its quite nerve racking putting a photo up for CC - especially for a newbie.

I will have a look through at some and see what I can find. There are a few that look OK.

Mick

Mark L
06-05-2012, 8:29pm
G'day again Mick.
There's a New New to Photography CC (Beginners) forum here http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?177-New-to-Photography-CC-%28Beginners%29
Might help you get started and calm the nerves.

znelbok
07-05-2012, 11:18am
Thanks for the pointer Mark - problem is I have been here for more than 90 days so I can't post.

Woo Hoo - just booked a full day photo tour in Hawaii for September. Really looking forward to that.

Mick