PDA

View Full Version : G'day everyone

Chris Summertime
11-04-2012, 9:10pm
Hey everyone!

I'm Chris Summertime! I've always had an interest in photography, but my wife and I only started actually learning the craft about a year ago. We originally set ourselves some pretty "big" goals (like I want learn how to shoot in manual and I want to learn what the heck 'depth of field' was, and stuff like that). I'm happy to say that we've achieved those goals and moved on to bigger and better goals now. I guess our biggest goal is to be (eventually) among the best wedding photographers in Australia (nay, the WORLD!). Baby steps.

I'm mostly into portraits of any kind. I find photographing people captivating, trying to capture their personalities and emotions in a 2 dimensional still shot. The main problem we face is finding people to take the photographs of when we need them. We've done workshops on newborn portraits, modern glamour portraits, wedding photography and just soak up every bit of information we can find, and I think my skills in photography are developing rapidly.

We want to keep building our business until we can eventually be professional photographers full time. Nothing sounds better than running a photography business from our own home + studio, being able to spend more time with our 1 year old son, and enriching and blessing other people's lives with beautiful images. Sometimes we get discouraged when it seems that it's taking so long to get a step into the photography industry, how much time it demands, and how much MONEY it needs... but when we stop and look back at how far we have come over the past year... I catch my breath... and it gives me the courage to take another step forward toward our dream.

so...

Who knows their way around this forum? Where's the best spots to hit first?

Chris

Debra Faulkner
11-04-2012, 9:15pm
Hi Chris, and welcome to AP. Try the Library for starters. Then we would like to see some of your work on the forums and some comments from you about others' work. The learning never stops for photographers. :)

ricktas
11-04-2012, 9:23pm
Welcome to AP, see you on the forums

Mark L
11-04-2012, 9:37pm
....... Where's the best spots to hit first?

Everywhere!
http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?73305-Becoming-a-Professional-Photographer

rwg717
11-04-2012, 9:52pm
Hi Chris and nice to welcome you to AP:D
Richard

Kym
11-04-2012, 9:54pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mary Anne
11-04-2012, 9:55pm
Hello Cris :action66: and Welcome to AP..
Everything is good on here, there is plenty of reading, learning and looking at images Members post .
Why don't you post some of your images in the Forums, so we can see what you have been doing the past year..

Wayne63
12-04-2012, 6:35am
Welcome to AP Chris, Enjoy the site, join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics

Kel
12-04-2012, 7:49am
Welcome and looking forward to seeing you work around the forum