PDA

View Full Version : Hi From South West Sydney

livio
01-04-2012, 4:27pm
Hi All,

I have just signed up to this forum, I have been taking photos for over 35 Years mainly family and friends not professionally. I'v just started an introductory
photography course and It's inspiring me to do a little more and really get to know and understand the wow factor in a really good photograph and see how
a good but ordinary photo could have been made better.

I used to use a Pentax ME-F and then went to Nikon 801S. Given I had Nikon lenses I have stayed with Nikon and now run a D7000 and as soon as I can
get my hands on the 800E I'll be happy.

I'm keen to learn how to take better photos so I think being critiqued by other members of this forum is great. Photography for me is a balance of science
engineering and art. It allows me to record snippets of time and to express a mood or a feeling in an image. It also gives me a medium to really have some
fun.

Looking forwards to posting and critiquing and bootstrapping my learning to become a good photographer

Kindest Regards

Livio

Kym
01-04-2012, 4:29pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Kym
01-04-2012, 4:34pm
To clarify...

1) Before you can post images etc you need to wait 30 days and post 50 replies to current treads or new threads after an hour of completing the signup

No -you can post images for CC straight away and enter competitions!!
Please also comment on other's CC postings
30/50 limitation is mainly about commercial issues such as product promotion.

2) Images you post will be moderated and they have to conform to generally acceptable standards particularly nude images

Yes, treat the site as PG rated

3) Introduce yourself let people know who you are and what type of camera gear you like to use

Yes! Thanks for posting

4) No trading or commercial posts

Not without an advertising contract, after 50/30 you can discuss products etc. but not blatantly promote

5) No Spamming and doing the wrong thing

Correct, AP is a safe place

6) The forum is a place where we can learn to take better photos and meet like minded people

Exactly!

ameerat42
01-04-2012, 5:42pm
Hi Livio, and welcome aboard..., er... Enjoy the site, it's a lot of give and take: pictures, critique Q & A. ...er...
Am.
(...er... It's just that I'm puzzled by Kym's 2nd post...)

Kel
01-04-2012, 6:06pm
G'day and welcome

Mark L
01-04-2012, 7:42pm
G'day Livio.
Hope you enjoy AP and get involved.

FWIW, lived in Ingleburn for my first 40 years before moving to Mudgee. Ingleburn became so over populated. Watched Denham Court also change over the years. If Ingleburn was more like Denham Court ............ I dream a lot.:)
I'll bet there's been some change around the old Army area. They were getting ready to sell heaps of land for housing when we left the area.
Mudgee's wonderful.:th3:

livio
01-04-2012, 8:14pm
Hi Mark,

Great to hear from you, yes there has been heaps of change around the area especially now that the train lines
are going through to Leppington. It may not affect us that closely but there are rumours around that one day
the homes in Denham Court will be brought out sub-divided and split into medium density housing. Lots of folk
moving in to Harringto Grove. They do good wine in Mudgee it's a great place to live. Looking forwards to posting
a few images.

Kind Regards
Livio

davidbro
01-04-2012, 9:05pm
Hello and Welcome

Wayne63
02-04-2012, 8:14am
Welcome to AP, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums soon.